Florida trips ~ and Hi-jinks

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Florida trips ~ and Hi-jinks

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:07 pm

Yep,

Back again in Florida.
Man this trip is going to kill me yet.

It's fine that I frequent this state by obligation. However, when I have to stay in the middle of the state (lizard country) during "THEIR" championship year, it makes the inconvenience of travel that much more evident.

But ~

I did get to have a little hooha this visit. Heh heh heh.....

How's this one for a rivalry prank?

As I was pulling in to a shopping centre parking lot, I noticed that the car in front of me had a "gators" fan plate on the front bumper.
(you know, the non-state issued plate, just the type you pick up in fan shops to show your team support)

Well, there happened to be an all purpose store in that plaza, so, I thought, what the Hell, I've got the time.

I went into the store, bought some green spray paint, as well as some orange & white modling paint and a paint brush.

I came back out, sprayed the plate all green, first, then used the modling paint and printed Miami University, Hurricanes #1, and the Miami "U" logo, in place of the gator blue background and orange lettering...

I wonder how long it took him to notice.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:28 pm

You are a baaad man. If I caught someone trying to maize and blue my plate one of us would be very sore tomorrow. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:07 am

:lol: :lol: ... anybody remember those gadgets called an exhaust pipe whistle? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:18 am

I've pulled a few in my day. Most of which I wouldn't tell, so that the younger generation doesn't get in trouble trying to do the same. Here is one that isn't too bad. Some friends and I picked up a teacher's MG Midget and put it in between two sets of steps going into the gym. It just fit with no room to maneuver to get it out except for the way we put it in. It was in highschool and the principal threatened to withhold everyones grades if the persons responsible didn't come forward. They didn't hold the grades and up until now me and three other guys were the only ones that ever knew what happened.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:32 am

canes tryin to get arrested in gator country :lol:

i superglued my 12th grade english teachers door shut....don't tell my kids!!!!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:36 am

My biggest fear is that my kids will find out the story of my youth. :oops: :oops:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:49 am

:lol: :lol: I'm telling you, I've been chuckling about some of that stuff we did for 30 minutes .... Animal House and The Hollywood Knights had nothing, and I mean nothing on us.

I'll follow Spence's lead and try to avoid being a bad influence on the younger generation ...... :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:55 am

I remember my mom say "I hope when you have kids they are just like you". I am banking on the fact that our God is a benevolent God. Hoping is probably a better word. :wink:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:48 am

My first intention was to buy a `Canes plate, and just swap `em.':wink:'

Then it hit me':idea:'

If I were to stamp out his logo with mine, it would have a more profound mental sting'8)'

1.) who's bold enough to do that':?:'

2.) to actually take the time it does to pull off that stunt, one has to be dedicated to proclaiming their superiority (as, no matter how many championships those reptiles get, we will always be better)':)'':lol:'':D'

I only wish I could see that person's face once they realize what's happened':o'':shock:'':?'':('':x'':cry:'':x'':cry:'':('':('':x'':oops:'':evil:'

You know what the best part is?

I've still got the paint':wink:'
And I'm gonna be here `til Friday':twisted:'
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:51 am

During my junior year in highschool, someone decided to try and build some money for one of the stupid funds by selling breakfast in the caf before school started. it.
(it was one of those, let's earn money for ourselves school activities that had nothing but the vain in it)

But, the food wasn't that great (or so I heard) and my friends & I didn't like the people that were running it.

So, I brought my dad's electric skillet with me one day, and cooked up pancakes, scrambled eggs & sausage links in the middle of the hallway.

One of my friends worked at dunken doughnuts. When he closed up, he was suppose to throw all of the left overs into a dumpster behind the store.

(you remember, "it's time to make the doughnuts", which was because Dunken Doughnuts made their pasteries, fresh, every morning)

Instead of throwing out the stuff, he started bringing Dunken Doughnuts to school, and we sold it to the students.

Afterall, which would you rather have?

The school made re-cooked breakfast type food.

Or

Freshly cooked pancakes, sausage, eggs, and Dunken Doughnuts.

Needless to say, the school wasn't to thrilled with the set up, and tried to crack down on us.

Fortunately, all they had were rumors of who was involved. But they didn't catch us in the act.

It was too bad.

We were raking in some $$$ before they caught on.

It's easy to get hungery teenagers to shell out cash in the morning. Because most highschoolers head out the door without grabbing anything to eat.

But the worst joke I ever pulled on someone was.......

No, I don't think that one is appropriate.

Let's just say, one kid ended up kissing another boy who he thought was a girl (that was dressed up like one).

It was never supposed to get that far, but, what do you do when it gets out of your hands??

Not too proud of that one.

But I still laugh like heck when I think of it...
Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:06 pm

Yeah...vandalism of personal property ain't funny in my book...even when it is a $10.00 fan plate.

It isn't OK.

It isn't OK to steal magnetic team stickers, deface license plates, break off antennas, key cars...or do any other of that stuff some people find to be humerous...its a slippery slope.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re:

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:59 pm

I am a strong believer in, if you can't afford it, don't buy it.

The fan plates I have seen around here (in stores) are between four & five dollars (as a matter of fact, the paint I used probably cost me more than his fan plate cost him). So, no, I'm not going to feel bad about doing what I did. If you don't have the money to replace something as mundane as that, you simply shouldn't have put it on your car in the first place.

Damaging an expensive, or irreplaceable object is certainly different than a little misdemeanor activity.

I was careful not to get any paint on the car itself. I would never key someone's car, nor would I break an antenna off of one.

These are bigger hassles than dealing with a minor materrialist item such as a fan plate.

Vandalism is a slippery slope for some.
Others can make a quick stab, and let it go at that.

I guess, you and I are just reading out of two separate books.
Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Naw...in 30 plus years of going to Gainesville and Miami with a FSU car...I have had a couple of encounters with ugliness...I might be a little sensitive...especially since my son thought it was cool (at 14) to paint over a local business sign that was for "Gator's Dah Dah Dah"...$1,400 in court costs and restitution after I made him turn himself in when he bragged about it.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:45 pm

When I was 14 I took some "for sale" signs out from in front of a couple houses and put them in front of the highschool and the police station. My dad found out about it and made me turn myself in. It didn't cast him anything, but I had to apologize to everyone involved and wash police cars on Saturdays for a couple weeks.

I never destroyed anything or hurt anyone, but I did lots of things that weren't very nice - funny to me - but not nice at all.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:27 pm

My kid had to do 40 hours of community service...he chose to work at the Goodwlll store.

Return to “General Discussion”