Spies Like Us

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Spies Like Us

Postby mountainman » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:30 pm

Well, I see it has already started ......

'Heading into only their second football matchup in 83 years, school officials on both sides confirmed a West Virginia student was caught spying at a Marshall practice this month. The student was confronted April 11 after he was spotted sitting in the bleachers at Edwards Stadium taking detailed notes in a stenographer's notebook.'

NCAA rules prohibit opposing coaches or football program representatives from attending another school's practice without permission.

My sources in Morgantown tell me that the kid was enrolled in the James Bond School of Sneak a Peek that is located next to the Zeta Gotta Biggins Sorority House.

As I understand it the kid has a cumulative grade point average of .007 with a major in Toga Party and a minor in Upper Torso Painting.

Those Marshall guys are really on the ball ... as I understand it the kid was wearing buckskins, coonskin cap and carrying a long-john flint rifle while sitting in the stands during practice. What tipped them off was the kid's horse was tied up at the stadium entrance with a 'Let's Goooooooo Mountaineers' bumper sticker stuck on its rump.

:D :lol: :D

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:49 pm

That was a good movie BTW.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:09 pm

I read about that. Sounds like it has the makings of a very good rivalry.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:20 pm

I've been a advocate of it for years. :wink:

Both schools have been pretty petty about scheduling the game, the dag-gum governor had to set both of them down in order to get them to agree. :roll:

Probably won't matter much outside of the state, but its a good thing for the good folks of West Virginia. :D

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:46 pm

so did he make it out alive??? :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:26 am

Oh, he ran through the briars
and he ran though the brambles

And he ran through the places
where a rabbit couldn't go

He ran so fast that the Herd couldn't catch him
through the state of West Virginia
to a place that they call Mo

Morgantown, that is.

I would imagine that went Coach Rodriguez, the athletic director and possibly the president of the university gets through with him, he might wish he was back in Huntington. :lol: :D :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:35 am

There was quite a big going on in the land of the Marshall University Thundering Herd yesterday.

The Green and White Spring Game, with a record crowd in the stands.

The reunion of the 1996 undefeated team with Randy Moss and Chad Pennington leading their teammates into the stadium.

Warner Brothers is there filming the movie We Are .. Marshall about the November 14th, 1970 plane crash that took the lives of the team and coaches.

The stars of the movie, Matthew McConaughey and David Strathain were pelted with the lacy underwear of the Marshall faithful of the female persuasion.

But, to me anyway, the highlight of the day was a message on the scoreboard that read:

Marshall vs West Virginia tickets $38.00
Supplies for tailgating $200.00
Catching a WVU spy ..... priceless

:lol: :D :lol:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:29 pm

In Florida its slicker than that....The Gator's hired a guy who has just been on the roster at QB the last two years for Tennessee...supposedly CJ Leak is an office aide in the athletic department at Fla...playbook, signals, tendencies...all there.

http://www.alligator.org/pt2/050913foot.php

Another instance:

"When he was hired to replace Steve Spurrier at Florida, most Tennessee fans harkened back to the 1991 ''Faxgate'' scandal, when Zook, then a defensive coordinator for the Gators, received faxed information gleaned from the Vols playbook of an ex-Tennessee assistant who had been fired that summer."

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:49 pm

Things can get out of hand. I have little idea what someone would hope to gain :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”