Lloyd, Do us a Favor.....RESIGN!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Lloyd, Do us a Favor.....RESIGN!

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:38 pm

Look, I knew Oregon was going to win. I knew they would come into the Big House and score their points. It was obvious.

But this is ridiculous. Little Blue can't cover anybody, they can't tackle anybody, they can't block anybody, they can't catch anybody, and they can't score. What the heck is their problem?!?!?

I can only reach one conclusion: It's Lloyd. It's Lloyd. Obviously, the guy has no ability to lead. His philosophy is so 1980. "We're going to wear you down because we're Michigan. We're physical on defense". Yeah, well, not really. It's tough to wear people down when you can't move the football that efficiently and it's tough for unathletic defenses to stop mobile QBs and spread offenses. I'm sick of this crap.

So, Lloyd, do us all a favor and resign. You know you can't lead, we know you can't lead, your players know you can't lead. GET OUT OF THERE! All you are is a bane to the Michigan football program. If you care at all about Michigan football, you'll resign because you know you don't have it in you to salvage this season. So, take your friggin' ego out the door and leave. You can't keep doing this to the Michigan faithful.

Motor City Bowl, here we come!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: Lloyd, Do us a Favor.....RESIGN!

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:48 pm

A few more like this and the "official" fire Lloyd.com site will start up. Swamp Daddy :shock:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:39 pm

shandsgator8 wrote:How sure are you that you'll get to a bowl game?

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Eric, I 100% agree. It's obvious he's not a leader.

I don't know why they are wasting time, you know it's coming. You know he's gone by now, let one of the Coordinators take over for a short time and see how that motivates the players.

Carr should be gone IMO. Michigan deserves better than he is giving.

This is not the players faults directly, and it's not for a lack of talent.

Fire him!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:29 am

shandsgator8 wrote:
Eric wrote:Look, I knew Oregon was going to win. I knew they would come into the Big House and score their points. It was obvious.

But this is ridiculous. Little Blue can't cover anybody, they can't tackle anybody, they can't block anybody, they can't catch anybody, and they can't score. What the heck is their problem?!?!?

I can only reach one conclusion: It's Lloyd. It's Lloyd. Obviously, the guy has no ability to lead. His philosophy is so 1980. "We're going to wear you down because we're Michigan. We're physical on defense". Yeah, well, not really. It's tough to wear people down when you can't move the football that efficiently and it's tough for unathletic defenses to stop mobile QBs and spread offenses. I'm sick of this crap.

So, Lloyd, do us all a favor and resign. You know you can't lead, we know you can't lead, your players know you can't lead. GET OUT OF THERE! All you are is a bane to the Michigan football program. If you care at all about Michigan football, you'll resign because you know you don't have it in you to salvage this season. So, take your friggin' ego out the door and leave. You can't keep doing this to the Michigan faithful.

Motor City Bowl, here we come!

How sure are you that you'll get to a bowl game?

I was thinking about that while making the post :roll:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:39 am

It's Carr's job to get his players motivated. If the coach can't get his guys motivated and prepared, they shouldn't keep their jobs.

Lloyd has a history of this, it just all happens to be caving in now. It really is pathetic.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:53 am

Well, no matter who's to blame, it's a frickin disaster. I'm getting ready to throw in the towel if they can't beat pathetic Notre Dame next week.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 am

Shoot..even some winning teams don't look like all that....Louisville let MTSU put up 42 points....Texas isn't the team of 2005..etc, etc. etc.

I'm not completely down on Michigan yet. I think that they beat Notre Dame and start winning some ball games.

The weird thing about Notre Dame vs Michigan is that one of these teams will come out of the game 0-3. Notre Dame won't be much help to their opponent's SOS this year IMHO.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:41 am

with the school admin, probably
with the fans, NO :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:42 pm

He isn't gone, but he won't be head coach anymore. His contract allows for him to receive a bonus and then move on to an associate AD position when he retires. He won't get fired, Michgan usually doesn't work that way with football coaches. He has been at Michigan for 28 years and was hand picked by Bo to be the coach. I don't see them firing him.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:13 pm

Exactly, Lubbock. If the man gives a rip about the Michigan football program, he should do what he knows to be in the best interest of this team. It's like Tony Kornheiser: he knows he can't announce, we know he can't announce, and ESPN knows he can't announce. So what is he doing on there?

I can tell that the players have no faith in Carr. The fan base, obviously (me included), has no faith in him. And now, it's starting to look like he doesn't even have faith in himself to do the job. He's probably just trying to save face and maybe have a better season next year, but I don't see that happening at all. This is it for him. He'll "retire".

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:35 pm

I'll say this only once because I really don't care about lloyd or his team. He did good things for this school for 28 years. Won a national championship. Won numerous B-10 championships. He did a good job at Michigan. Coaches who spend that many years at a school deserve to make their own exit strategy. Maybe he isn't the right guy now, but as a Ohio State fan, he was the right guy 8 years ago. Trust me, we hated him.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”