VT @ LSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

VT @ LSU

Postby openSkies » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 pm

Ouch. I can't watch this crap any more. I'm going somewhere that doesn't have a TV.

Parting thoughts... someone, be it an opposing player, fan, coach, or teammate, needs to break Glennon's leg.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: VT @ LSU

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:22 pm

I expected it to be close, mainly because I felt LSU might be getting a little pre-season hype. NOT ANYMORE.

I'm sold on the new QB. :lol:

Bring on the Trojans. It's gonna be the 2003 match everyone wanted this year in the NC game, if things hold.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:38 pm

Ark will knock off the mighty Tigers in Baton Rouge this year.........
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:18 am

Welcome to CFP Smashmouth.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:34 am

I don't know, I'm starting to think that LSU should be good enough to run the table in the SEC.

From what I've seen, OU and LSU are the two most impressive in the nation. USC has only played one game, but the jury is still out on them. They and JD Booty don't seem to have "it".
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:12 am

I drink twice a year, Christmas or New years, and my birthday. I had 8 beer sbefore the game started, so Va Tech looked outstanding to me until I realized I had the colors mixed up. We got to see Tyrod Taylor who needs some development but looked tons better than Glennon on the first snap. He's got more composure and more of the little things than Glennon any day. I still say red shirt him, take our lumps this year, and come back strong when he's had that year to mature and be developed, but it was definitely a show of things to come.
On a side note I picked up tickets to Ohio next weekend and William & Mary the weekend after so I would love to see Taylors first and second starts at home. The general consensus in Hampton VA is overwhelming. TT all the way baby.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:31 am

Vileborg wrote:I still say red shirt him, take our lumps this year, and come back strong when he's had that year to mature and be developed, but it was definitely a show of things to come.

Screw that.

Tyrod very well may pack up his dorm-room and head to the NFL early, so why on earth would you waste a year of his college career sitting him on the bench and watching Glennon? He's a dynamite quarterback, someone with skills only comparable to Michael Vick in the Hokies past. (Marcus never seemed to have a lot of composure). Tyrod takes his time, makes great decisions, and, basically, looks like a 2nd-year starter. At one of the loudest stadiums around, against one of the best defenses around (who never stopped blitzing until the clock hit double-zero), in his first game, and he shows up our Junior QB. Props to Tyrod. I've been saying "Bench Glennon, bring on Tyrod" ever since he committed to Tech. Who cares if he wasn't even enrolled yet :mrgreen:

Sure, we got our butts kicked tonight, but I count it as a huge victory. Glennon sucked bad enough to get replaced. Tyrod will prove he deserves the starting spot quickly, and it's all up-hill from there. I may actually watch the rest of the season, now.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:44 am

Don't know i I included in a post here but it was obvious VT was not a top 10 team. I think the best they can finish is 22 - 25 MAYBE. Georgia Tech is the best in the ACC most likely then Clemson.

Smashmouth was right big media darling...the victim bowl was a great feel good empathy and victory party that never came to fruition.

As far LSU running the table 85-90% chance. In a tough conference the road games can be rough enough to add up on you. Just checked their schedule NEVER MIND that is a soft schedule for the SEC 98% they run the table at minimum. I think the Gators are probably a 10 to 12th ranked team. But they probably have the talent and mid-season development to end up 7th or 8th.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:38 am

Dossenator wrote:Ark will knock off the mighty Tigers in Baton Rouge this year.........
Hope you are right, but I suspect you must be smoking some of that wacky weed they grow out in California. I don't think anyone, other than possibly the Gators, will be able to compete with LSU this year. There defense is so fast. Les Miles, might be the only thing to give the opposition a chance.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:23 pm

Smashmouth...first of all welcome to the board. Second, Ark is not a one man show....M.Monk, Felix Jones, Michael Smith...and I could on and on. the top 3 RB's for Ark and all better then the #1 Back at LSU. Do they even have a #1 back? First of all it is hard to judge how good LSU is....they played Miss St and then Virginia Tech (I argue that Miss St is a better team then Virginia Tech). Viriginia Tech should not even be in the top 25. We will see what happens when LSU actually plays a good team.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:08 pm

i really thought this game would be closer. and not because i think v tech is so great, but because lsu's performance last week was mediocre. i'm very happy to see that they got their act together for saturday!
i'd also like to be the first to throw this stick on the fire :D personally, i think les miles is an idiot and as soon as saban's recruits are outa there, i predict they are gonna go south fast as a team. i hope he goes to michigan and lsu hires a good 'un. :D sorry eric!
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:43 pm

bama_girl wrote:\
i'd also like to be the first to throw this stick on the fire :D personally, i think les miles is an idiot and as soon as saban's recruits are outa there, i predict they are gonna go south fast as a team. i hope he goes to michigan and lsu hires a good 'un. :D sorry eric!
I don't think you are alone with your thoughts on Miles, and I don't think Michigan would be interested in him. If they are, they really are confused.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:14 pm

Dossenator wrote:I argue that Miss St is a better team then Virginia Tech. Viriginia Tech should not even be in the top 25. We will see what happens when LSU actually plays a good team.

Give me a break. Glennon put that team in a huge hole and a huge funk right off the bat. The score was 24-0 before Glennon even hit the bench. The offense would go three-and-out and a tired defense had to come right back on the field.

After Taylor came in, LSU outscored us 10-7 until we threw the reserves in to get pasted for two last, unnecessary, totally classless fourth quarter td's. Throwing a 28-yard pass to the endzone with three minutes left when you're up 41-7 is ridiculous. Thankfully, Beamer has far too much class to do that to anyone. When we were beating Clemson 37-0 in 1998 at Death Valley, he began taking knees with five minutes left on the clock and giving the ball back to Clemson. I was there - trust me, it happened.

Mississippi State's better than VT? I doubt you'll find much support from anyone in the country on that opinion.
Last edited by ..fanatic on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:18 pm

SmashMouth wrote:Virginia Tech was highly overrated. Everyone was just trying to be sympathetic and hoping for a "feel good" story...sorry folks, this is not Hollywood.

In January - BEFORE 32 students and faculty members were killed in a massacre, Tech was already a top ten pick with every magazine and website that cared to release one.

People need to remember that the football players are Virginia Tech STUDENTS, too. They were affected the same way everyone else was who has any association with Virginia Tech.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 pm

where i put v tech in my poll vote had nothing to do with that. i didn't put lsu at #1 because they got hit by a hurricane 2 years ago either.
let's play nice :D
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”