FAU vs USF: Photos

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

FAU vs USF: Photos

Postby openSkies » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:16 am

Well, as is the usual, now, I'm posting photos from the game I went to this weekend. It may seem like we're following USF wherever they go, but, honest to God, we were there through FAU. It just happened to be against USF, haha.

Click the photo to view all the shots:

Eric

Re: FAU vs USF: Photos

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:26 am

Polo has been playing out of his mind lately. Didn't get a pick today, but he still leads the nation with seven :shock:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:41 am

After watching him today I can see why. That kid is quick as lightning and just lurks in the shadows waiting for his moment to strike. He'd make a good stalker.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:43 am

Great photos...my favorites are #1 and #11....all are high quality though.

Your next trip should be to Fayetteville Ark this next week so you can get some great photos of McFadden and Jones running all over Auburn. :D
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:56 am

The first photo is my favorite. You are really getting some good shots Matt. Very good.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:00 am

Dossenator wrote:Your next trip should be to Fayetteville Ark this next week so you can get some great photos of McFadden and Jones running all over Auburn. :D

I wish. Get me in with the SID and score some passes and I'll do it. Thus far, though, only USF and FAU have approved us. Heck, UCF denied us! Ouch. What a burn.

Spence wrote:The first photo is my favorite. You are really getting some good shots Matt. Very good.

Thank ya much :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:08 am

openSkies wrote:
Dossenator wrote:Your next trip should be to Fayetteville Ark this next week so you can get some great photos of McFadden and Jones running all over Auburn. :D

I wish. Get me in with the SID and score some passes and I'll do it. Thus far, though, only USF and FAU have approved us. Heck, UCF denied us! Ouch. What a burn.

Spence wrote:The first photo is my favorite. You are really getting some good shots Matt. Very good.

Thank ya much :wink:

Send your write up and photos from the games you have done to the schools to show them your work. If they get a feature on the main site that is well done, they will see it as positive PR.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:48 am

Matt, what did you think of the crappy kick interference call?

That lost FAU the game. And it's a crying shame that it had to. It should have been Owls' ball inside the redzone but it went for a TD the other way.

My question is, why didn't Schnellenberger but the ball in the hands of Rose more often? He was gashing through USF's defense. Rusty Smith wasn't entirely effective today yet they tried to pass far too much. I say they should've gotten Rose and Edgecomb more touches.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:44 am

Eric wrote:Matt, what did you think of the crappy kick interference call?

You try watching a football game through a viewfinder that's 1/2" wide by 1/4" tall and even remotely knowing what happened. Haha. I have no idea, honestly. I couldn't even tell you the final score right now.

Are you talking about when the two USF guys collided during a punt return during the 4th? If so, well, I was looking through the camera and only saw a nice close-up of two USF players destroying each other. Dave says it was a terrible call *EDIT: Just watched a replay, it was a bad call*.

Honestly, though, I don't think FAU would have won anyways. They missed way, way, WAY too many opportunities to score (1-4 FG?!). USF was playing strong, even though the score might not reflect that. FAU was playing strong on offensive, pretty well on D, but terrible on special teams. (During warm-ups this afternoon the kicker missed 10 out of 15 practice field goals, and the longest punt during warm-ups was MAYBE 30 yards).

FAU was also looking very tired going into the 4th. The whole mood in the stadium went from "crazy, stadium size considered" to "I feel like I'm back in high school on a Friday night". The players were pretty sluggish. USF kept on banging, though. The Bulls are used to playing 4 quarters against teams like West Virginia and having to stay strong throughout... it's kind of a new thing for FAU. And it was obvious.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:01 am

Dossenator wrote:Great photos...my favorites are #1 and #11....all are high quality though.

Your next trip should be to Fayetteville Ark this next week so you can get some great photos of McFadden and Jones running all over Auburn. :D
Like we did against mighty Tenn Chattanooga? I can envision finishing 1-7 in the conference with Miss St possibly being the only win. What a waste of talent with Felic and Dmac. I have been planning a trip to Knoxville, but am having second thoughts at this point. I will definitely make the trip, if I can secure tickets, but would not be that disappointed if I am not able to get the tickets.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:52 pm

Tennessee-Chattanooga lost to Carson-Newman this year :shock:

Arkansas appeared to play very sluggish.

About FAU, I agree, they wouldn't have won the game even if they did get the call. But they did have a chance to take the lead if I'm not mistaken. I think the game was 21-17 at that point. The punting and kicking game was really bad though.

I usually don't spend more than half an hour watching any particular game, but I watched part of the beginning and most of the second half. I was really excited about FAU's chances to pull this off but you're right, they just got way too tired defensively when they gave up a few dashes of 30+ yards.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 pm

Eric wrote:Tennessee-Chattanooga lost to Carson-Newman this year :shock:

Arkansas appeared to play very sluggish.

The Citadel did better against Tenn-Chatt than the Razorbacks. Posts from Arkansas fans that attended the game were that it was the worst performance, coaching decisions etc. of any Arkansas game they had ever attended. This team has serious problems and will probably finish 6-6 or 5-7 only because of 4 cupcake non-conference teams scheduled. Unfortunately, with Felix Jones, and Darren McFadden both probably leaving for the NFL after this year, things look even worse for the next year or two.

Hopefully, basketball will be better.

Oh, and nice photos from the FAU/USF game.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Razorhawk..you are such a downer on the Razrobacks. If you remember last year the Hogs had trouble against a couple of their cupcake teams. Last year the Hogs struggled against Utah State in Fayetteville and struggled against Louisina Monroe in Little Rock. They also blew out a very good Auburn team in Auburn last year, demolished a good Tenn team at home, took LSU and Florida down to the wire, and beat a very good South Carolina team in South Carolina. I think the Hogs are fine....the Hogs will beat Auburn. If forgot to mention that ARK kicker Alex Tejada continues to put up points. He has made 10 field goals this year....Hogs only made 6 all last season.

Here is the good things I took from last nights game:

The Hogs defense held the Mocs to 172 total yards and seven first down during the game. The Mocs passed for a total of 11 yards....their QB was only 4 for 22 for 11 yards passing! That's not too shaby. McFadden and Jones both ran for 140 yards and scored...and both left during the 3rd quarter for the backups to come in. If they stay in the game the Hogs could have scored more points.

You act likes it is dooms day. I don't think everything is perfect but my goodness...the Hogs will not go 1-7 the rest of the way. They will be ready to play Auburn.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:14 am

I look for Arkansas to play in the Liberty Bowl this year. They aren't a great team, no, but they're solid and they'll probably win 3 SEC games. I think they'll be 7-5.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Eric...the problem with Ark this year is consistency. They have not put together one whole game yet. They dominated Kentucky for 3 quarters and for a lot of the 4th quarter, but imploded at the end. They played a horrible 1st quarter against Bama and then outscored them 38-20 in quarters 2-4. They are 3 or 4 plays away from being undefeated...but they just could not put it all together. They have not been able to put teams away when they should. Against Kenucky they were up 20-9 and driving with 20 seconds left in the half and fumble and let Kentucky scoop and score....they was a killer going into half and they did not overcome that 1 mistake. I still think they will go 9-3. Maybe I am dreaming but I think they will beat Auburn much in the way they did last year. Auburn can not pass the ball any better then Ark, the game is in Fayetteville, and the Hogs will rush for over 300 yards and win by 10 points.

Arkansas does rank 2nd in the naition in rushing yards a game, 8th in the nation with 514 yards a game, and 10th in the nation in scoring with 42 points a game.....

Here is Brandon Cox's numbers for the season: 59%, 963 yards, 4 TD's and 7 Int's (this is 6 games)
Here is Casey Dick's numbers for the season: 52%, 736 yards, 7 TD's and 4 Int's (this is 5 games)

Casey Dick has out performed Brandon Cox...a little shocking but true.

Here are how the two teams stack up numbers wise (take it for what it is worth...not much when they get on the field to play one another):
Total Yards per Game: ARk 514 (8th nationally) Auburn 359 (88th nationally)
Passing Yards per Game: Ark 175 (106th) Auburn 198 (99th)
Rushing Yards per Game: Ark 338 (2nd) Auburn 161 (51st)
Points per Game: 42 (10th) Auburn 28 (56th)
Arkansas is also one of the least penalized teams in the SEC (I think 10 out of 12 teams...pretty good).

Return to “General Discussion”