Refs across the country so inconsistent...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Refs across the country so inconsistent...

Postby Dossenator » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:34 pm

I am watching the Indiana vs Penn State game. The Penn state player plastered the Indiania QB helmet to helmet. No flag. Last week. Ark player did not even hit the Auburn QB's helmet and they called a helmet to helmet roughing the QB penalty. Do these guys not have a standard. Now Penn State looks like they are going to score and take control of the game. Should have been a flag.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Refs across the country so inconsistent...

Postby openSkies » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:56 pm

The one that really gets me is the celebration call. During the Rutgers / USF on Thursday a Rutgers player did the thing where two players jump into into one another (sort of like a whole-body high five) after a TD. When USF scores on the next series two USF guys do the same and, of course, get penalized.

Can you celebrate a little? A lot? Not at all? Someone needs to outline this very specifically and make sure everyone knows the rule.

Personally, I think a little celebration is fun. Taking time out of the game, jumping into the stands to take a shot of Rum and Coke from a fan, and things like that... not-so-much. But, c'mon. What's next... no high fives after a 89-yard TD pass?

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:01 pm

openskies...I agree.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:30 pm

From what was seen and what was said...this epitomizes the absolute lack of common sense on officials part....There job is to insure the game is played fairly. There are always, in every sport, judgment calls on the officials part. A fake fair catch is not subject to trickery, it is a rule to protect receivers. Violation of that rule in fact or spirit needs to be penalized. It is not the same as trickery.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”