VT Wins!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

VT Wins!

Postby ..fanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:51 am

That was what we needed - a convincing win to bounce back from last week's terrible loss to BC. I only hope that game did not give the coaches and media the idea that Glennon is our answer at QB. Yes, his numbers look good. No, he didn't make a lot of mistakes. But his usual problems still showed - he's slow, inaccurate under any pressure, can't feel pressure, locks in on a receiver, and under-throws wide-open receivers. Did I say he's slow?

He did a few things better than he normally does and came up with good stats. But anyone really watching his performance can't be impressed IMO. I think we HAVE to get Tyrod Taylor back for the stretch run against FSU, Miami and Virginia. Glennon is 2-3 in his last five starts. Taylor is 5-0.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: VT Wins!

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:55 am

And he had the wrong jersey on. :lol: :lol: I really thought he would struggle against Jon Tenuta's defense. Nice win.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:59 am

The situation with the "missing" jerseys was hilarious.

By the way, did anyone catch Fowler talking about Tele-Tubbies? :lol: You gotta have NO DOUBTS about your own manhood to be talking about tele-tubbies on a college football game.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:01 am

I am out of the loop on Tele-Tubbies, I don't know what they are. My kids probably have them, though, they have all kinds of crap.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:07 am

I think the magic marker name was a touch of class....and why would you not want him as your QB...preseason he was going to be the magic....he gave you a win...

I think I have come to the conclusion what is wrong this year with all of these teams. I have not seen a polished team play all year. We do not have any team that executes consistently, is poised and has that consistent sense of direction. It is a very unpolished year of CFB.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:11 am

donovan wrote:I think the magic marker name was a touch of class....and why would you not want him as your QB...preseason he was going to be the magic....he gave you a win...

I think I have come to the conclusion what is wrong this year with all of these teams. I have not seen a polished team play all year. We do not have any team that executes consistently, is poised and has that consistent sense of direction. It is a very unpolished year of CFB.

That is very true. I think lots of teams are just very young this year. I know that is the case with many teams every year in CFB, but it just seems to me lots of true freshmen and redshirt frosh are playing these days. There was a time when freshman were only on the field to bring water to the starters. Ah...the days of 200 player rosters. :lol:

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:30 am

donovan wrote:...and why would you not want him as your QB...preseason he was going to be the magic....

I NEVER thought Glennon was going to be "the magic". Vileborg had him winning the Heisman. My preseason prediction was that he would lose the job during the LSU game and I was right on the money. If Taylor plays vs. BC, we win by 20. If Taylor plays vs. GT, we win by 40. If Taylor started week 1 against ECU, we win by 50. Then, we only lose to LSU by 20 or 30 instead of 41. We'd be a top 30 offense instead of a bottom 20. The defense would be top 5 because it wouldn't be on the field so much. If Taylor were the starting QB from day 1, there would be no poverty, global warming or terrorism. I'm not saying EVERYTHING would be right with the world, but... it'd be close. :D

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:57 am

..fanatic wrote:
donovan wrote:...and why would you not want him as your QB...preseason he was going to be the magic....

I NEVER thought Glennon was going to be "the magic". Vileborg had him winning the Heisman. My preseason prediction was that he would lose the job during the LSU game and I was right on the money. If Taylor plays vs. BC, we win by 20. If Taylor plays vs. GT, we win by 40. If Taylor started week 1 against ECU, we win by 50. Then, we only lose to LSU by 20 or 30 instead of 41. We'd be a top 30 offense instead of a bottom 20. The defense would be top 5 because it wouldn't be on the field so much. If Taylor were the starting QB from day 1, there would be no poverty, global warming or terrorism. I'm not saying EVERYTHING would be right with the world, but... it'd be close. :D

I confused the source...got confused by dissension in the ranks.....I know want Taylor to play...I have issues that need to be corrected :D :D
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:23 pm

I believe I told Vileborg that if Glennon won the Heisman he could have every penny I've ever earned from CFP.

The guy just downright sucks. I've said it long before most people started doubting his ability (including you, Fanatic!). I mean, he's not even mediocre.

I wanted Taylor to graduate early and play at Tech during his senior year of high school... that's how little I believed in Glennon.

Fanatic summed up his problems, but I think these are his biggest three. Complete with thoughts from Glennon on the subject*!

Irresponsible ("Maybe if I try and throw the ball while being sacked I can complete it! Oops, I fumbled.").
Terrible time management ("What's the clock in the endzone for? It says 02... now 01... ooh, now it's 00. I wonder what's going to happen.").
No situational awareness ("I've been running around in the backfield for 10 seconds... but I doubt anyone is around me.").

* These thoughts aren't published, but I have a feeling they're true to life

Return to “General Discussion”