Biggest Shocker of the Week

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Biggest Shocker of the Week

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 pm

How about the Western Michigan/Miami OH game? I recently returned from Waldo Stadium and was disappointed to find out when I got back that the RedHawks scored their first points of the season! :lol

In case you didn't notice, they got outscored about 80 some to nothing heading into that game. The Broncos did lead 28-0 at halftime though.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Biggest Shocker of the Week

Postby billybud » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 pm

I never even check scores on those games....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 pm

billybud wrote:I never even check scores on those games....

Okay. What's the point of being a rabble rousing provocateur if you add nothing to the post? I'm sorry that I shared my honest opinion that Oklahoma is better than FSU. You're entitled to yours as well. You were probably checking the score in 2006 :shock: (sorry had to get that jab in there :lol: )

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:28 pm

Billybud, by not checking the scores of "those" games, who is the "those" that you are referring to? If it is non-ranked non-BCS matchup scores you mean then that probably explains a lot of our opposing viewpoints. LOL... There are fewer games between two non-BCS schools that are non-competitive overall than between two BCS schools. I say this because there is usually a bigger gap between the top team in a BCS conference and the bottom one than there is between the top and bottom of a non-BCS one. Top non-BCS teams are more likely to get upset by teams in the second division of their conference standings than top BCS teams are.

I mean which game is more likely to be in doubt in the 4th quarter Central Michigan/ Eastern Michigan or USC/ Washington State? I'd say the MAC game is a more competitive matchup. It are the close, competitive games that make CFB fun for me, that is why the MAC is my favorite conference. Although, I have to admit that right now your ACC is one of my faves as well.

Anyway, just trying to rattle your chain a little bit there. I always respect your opinions and realize that you are probably a lot closer to the majority of CFB fans than I am.

As far as my shocker of the week...I actually think UConn going to Waco and beating Baylor was my personally most surprising result. I thought, and still think, Baylor is a very dangerous team this year.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:20 am

Okay. What's the point of being a rabble rousing provocateur if you add nothing to the post? I'm sorry that I shared my honest opinion that Oklahoma is better than FSU. You're entitled to yours as well. You were probably checking the score in 2006 (sorry had to get that jab in there )

Don't be an asshat. I was straight up. I have often posted that I do not follow the midwestern non majors...they have no relevance down here. As I have posted, I follow the MEAC as well as regional teams like Georgia Southern and Valdosta St.

You seem a little sensitive. I doubt that I would have posted vitriol if you had responded to a post of mine about FAMU whipping Howard..that you don't check the MEAC scores.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:23 am

And...FAMU vs Howard is very big in the black south, FYI.

A lot of tradition, battle of bands, two historically black universities....but I do understand that they aren't followed in the midwest.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:12 am

billybud wrote:
Okay. What's the point of being a rabble rousing provocateur if you add nothing to the post? I'm sorry that I shared my honest opinion that Oklahoma is better than FSU. You're entitled to yours as well. You were probably checking the score in 2006 (sorry had to get that jab in there )

Don't be an asshat. I was straight up. I have often posted that I do not follow the midwestern non majors...they have no relevance down here. As I have posted, I follow the MEAC as well as regional teams like Georgia Southern and Valdosta St.

You seem a little sensitive. I doubt that I would have posted vitriol if you had responded to a post of mine about FAMU whipping Howard..that you don't check the MEAC scores.

You wouldn't have posted vitriol if I had responded that way because I wouldn't have in the first place :idea:

Plus, I don't understand why you are so stereotypical of my fanhood because I am from Michigan. I follow every team I can as closely as I can, MEAC and SWAC included. I watch the games on ESPNU, I know who LeRoy Vann is, Alcorn State was recently in town, etc. I'm a college football fan above everything else. Every time you post something challenging or potentially provocative without clarifying your original meaning, you open interpretation to it. When you throw in "dot dot dot" you add voice to your post and it makes the reader imagine the post in a more snobby fashion. When I react, I'm the sensitive one.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 am

When I was young...I think Van Buren was President....we were concerned over our "manhood." What do you look at in the locker room that gives you "fanhood envy."

I think you can be a football fan and not care one iota about the SEC. I follow the Northwest Conference pretty close. They are Division III. I would think it very bizzare if anyone of the huddled massess....(See when Lazarus wrote that line and it was put on the Statue of Liberty.....I think this is a NCAA recruiting violation that needs to be investigated....only want immigrants that know about huddles...) where was I..oh yeah....that if anyone of the throngs that post on this site even knows one team that plays in the Northwest Conference...well..maybe fludidude...but there are some good schools there.

If being a football fan first and foremost is the standard to have a voice and a vote...

I also forgot how obnoxious UW Husky fans can be......
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:29 am

dot...dot...dot

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:45 am

Eric...you are nutsy!

Look at my posts...75% of them are like this one...they have a dot..dot..dot..for punctuation. It is my posting style. And you want to "read" into the dots? Nutsy stuff, Eric.

BB posted within the last day or so, the following:

Chew on these a while, Eric...connect the dots that I leave open for "interpretation"...have a weirdfest. Be my guest.

I missed end of Auburn games as well....fell asleep and my better half came to get me to go to bed...

What could he have meant?

Wins are much more important than SOS,,,

What is the hidden meaning of the three commas? Did he mean dots?

Of course...want to bet that Congrove had BYU - about 8?

"Of course" is set off by dots...does this mean maybe not of course, what is he implying?

He committed to Florida, saw that Tebow was not going to move over...and he transferred.

Tebow not moving over is followed by the infamous dots. Does that possibly mean something? what is he implying?

Eric.... It is early to be "sold" on any team.. BUT...my thoughts Texas...has looked good..I like them close to the top of my top teams. Oklahoma...lost to BYU and their O line looked porous. I don't like them as a top 15. USC...their loss makes me wonder just how good they are...

Oh. He has thrown those dots all over this post. What is he hiding. He is just so wily. Does he mean Texas is good or is not good? He confuses me with those dots

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:30 am

I sense a lot of reciprocity here.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:04 am

billybud wrote:Chew on these a while, Eric...connect the dots that I leave open for "interpretation"...have a weirdfest. Be my guest.

I missed end of Auburn games as well....fell asleep and my better half came to get me to go to bed...

What could he have meant?

It is a Sunday afternoon and Mrs Billybud figures the old stud can ...

Wins are much more important than SOS,,,

What is the hidden meaning of the three commas? Did he mean dots?
unless you are refering to my other posts where SOS's are more important than wins...

Of course...want to bet that Congrove had BYU - about 8?

"Of course" is set off by dots...does this mean maybe not of course, what is he implying?
I am so sick and tired of FSU not getting any respect...all they want to talk about is that darn Boi...

He committed to Florida, saw that Tebow was not going to move over...and he transferred.

Tebow not moving over is followed by the infamous dots. Does that possibly mean something? what is he implying?
Urban Meyer coddles that spoiled little ESPN fair haired child, this will show all of those bas...

Eric.... It is early to be "sold" on any team.. BUT...my thoughts Texas...has looked good..I like them close to the top of my top teams. Oklahoma...lost to BYU and their O line looked porous. I don't like them as a top 15. USC...their loss makes me wonder just how good they are...

maybe they now will get it, I don't give a dang about any has been Big Ten team...
Oh. He has thrown those dots all over this post. What is he hiding. He is just so wily. Does he mean Texas is good or is not good? He confuses me with those dots

I wish he would take his prozac before he starts posting...

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:06 am

It is not nice to include something in a "quote" that was not posted. Just saying.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:45 am

billybud wrote:It is not nice to include something in a "quote" that was not posted. Just saying.

Yikes...now we have a "nice" rule... and where are your dots...?

Return to “General Discussion”