WAC/C-USA

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

WAC/C-USA

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:11 pm

Best Player: Jeff Rowe (QB, Nevada)
Bust Player: Entire backfield for Fresno State
Best Team: Boise State
Bust Team: Fresno State (for 2006 only, they'll get 7 wins and be back on track for 2007)
Sleeper Team: New Mexico State
URP: Aikeem Jolla (WR, New Mexico State)<<<<Miami, FL transfer! Fits system perfectly
MIG: Boise State @ Nevada 11-25
Winner: Boise State

Now, C-USA:

Best Player: Dan Kolb (QB, Houston)
Bust Player: Mike Walker (WR, UCF)
Best Team: Houston
Bust Team: Central Florida
Sleeper Team: SMU
URP: Vincent Marshall (WR, Houston)
MIG: ECU @ Southern Miss 10-28
Winner: ECU
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Re: WAC/C-USA

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:38 pm

Eric wrote:Best Player: Jeff Rowe (QB, Nevada)
Bust Player: Entire backfield for Fresno State
Best Team: Boise State
Bust Team: Fresno State (for 2006 only, they'll get 7 wins and be back on track for 2007)
Sleeper Team: New Mexico State
URP: Aikeem Jolla (WR, New Mexico State)<<<<Miami, FL transfer! Fits system perfectly
MIG: Boise State @ Nevada 11-25
Winner: Boise State

Now, C-USA:

Best Player: Dan Kolb (QB, Houston)
Bust Player: Mike Walker (WR, UCF)
Best Team: Houston
Bust Team: Central Florida
Sleeper Team: SMU
URP: Vincent Marshall (WR, Houston)
MIG: ECU @ Southern Miss 10-28
Winner: ECU
I don't really like how you 'tackle' two conferences at once, but I like your picks, anyway. I dont' agree that Houston is the best team, C-USA, however. Interested in how you arrive at that conclusion given how SMU managed to win, in Houston, seems to me SMU is maybe a better team, overall.
UCF maybe was a one-time wonder, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I dont' think you can leave Tulsa out of the equation, either. I think it will be another 'knock-down' 'drag-out', for the C-USA title. I think Marshall might surprise.
As far as the WAC is concerned, Nevada is a pretty good pick, but I'm sticking with Boise St, for now, unless things should change dramatically.
Dont' discount Fresno St. yet. They are usually pretty strong, within conference, but have had trouble beating Boise St (they did, last year).
My 'sleeper' team, I suppose is Idaho.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:34 am

When I say sleeper for New Mexico State, I mean winning 4 games. Everybody is expecting this team to do close to nothing this year, but they have added some offense through transferring. I think Fresno might make a bowl game like the Poinsettia Bowl as an at-large. I am expecting about 8 wins this year because Fresno has lost too much talent. Like I said though, they'll be back on track for 2007.

SMU isn't better than Houston, but I think SMU will win the West division. You're right about Tulsa, they should be up there with the best C-USA teams too. I also think you're correct about Marshall. The reason it is so hard to predict C-USA is that from top to bottom, other than Rice and Tulane, every team has a shot to win the conference. Southern Miss, Memphis, Marshall, ECU, UTEP, Houston, SMU, Tulsa, UCF, and UAB all have pretty good shots at the title. Another thing about this conference, when picking best teams, it's kind of like splitting hairs.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”