Bowl Projections

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:12 pm

That's kind of my dillema here. If those teams made the BCS, how would you arrange them? That's where I got kind of confused. Would Notre Dame be in the Fiesta Bowl? If that happened, that would mean it would be ND vs. USC again. So would the Rose Bowl take USC instead of my Pac-10 champ, Arizona State? I got a little confused so I stopped bothering :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:40 pm

After much more analysis, doubting of Tennessee, Rhett Bomar getting kicked off Oklahoma, and much more thought, my final bowl projection has been set up; it might make for good discussion:

Poinsettia Bowl: Kansas vs. BYU
Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas Bowl: UNLV vs. Washington State
New Orleans Bowl: North Texas vs. Houston
Birmingham Bowl: South Florida vs. SMU
New Mexico Bowl: Utah vs. Nevada
Fort Worth Bowl: Tulsa vs. TCU
Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl: Hawaii vs. UTEP
Motor City Bowl: Minnesota vs. Central Michigan
Emerald Bowl: Maryland vs. Akron
Independence Bowl: Arkansas vs. Nebraska
Pacific Life Holiday Bowl: Oregon vs. Iowa State
Vitalis Sun Bowl: Stanford vs. Texas A&M
Champs Sports Bowl: Boston College vs. Michigan
Insight Bowl: Purdue vs. Colorado
Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Florida
Meineke Car Care Bowl: Navy vs. North Carolina
Autozone Liberty Bowl: ECU vs. South Carolina
Mastercard Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Michigan State
Chick-fil-A Bowl: Clemson vs. Georgia
MPC Computers Bowl: Boise State vs. Wake Forest
Outback Bowl: Penn State vs. Alabama
AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic: Texas Tech vs. LSU
Capital One Bowl: Ohio State vs. Tennessee
Gator Bowl: Florida State vs. Pitt
Rose Bowl: Iowa vs. Arizona State
Fiesta Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Louisville
Orange Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Miami
Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. West Virginia
International Bowl: UConn vs. Western Michigan
GMAC Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. Central Florida
BCS Championship: Texas vs. USC

Here are my reasons for the change. I had no clue why I had Nebraska so high, because I reminded myself that I picked Iowa State winning the Big 12 North. Just remembered that USC is getting the Sun Devils in LA, good luck ASU; I still believe that they make the BCS at 10-2. I thought I had FSU ranked a little low. I've been questioning my thoughts on Tennessee and I haven't heard too much encouraging stuff about it. Rhett Bomar leaving means hopes of a NC leave as well. I took another glance at Wake Forest's schedule, and the possibilities of being 6-6 really exist (plus I needed another ACC team now that Miami is in the BCS).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:30 pm

You know...I've had Wake sneeking up on the Big East....I think that Wake does have a shot to go bowling...

But what a funny match...the #8 ACC matched with a 10 win Boise State.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:53 pm

I know, it was rather odd, but that's how it turned out. I think Wake, like Maryland, will have a losing record in the ACC but turn out to be 6-6. I think Wake Forest or Maryland, whichever one, could go to the Emerald or the MPC Computers Bowl.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:11 pm

Eric...I'll have to disagree with your assesment of Tenn going to the SEC Champinoship game...Since you said that they would end up in the Capital One bowl, that's where the loser of the game usually goes. It's the largest non-BCS bowl and pays a LOT of money for losing the SEC game.

I think your off on the NC game too...Texas and USC?? :shock:

Florida in the Music city bowl?? I think they will be the one's in the Capital One bowl...So I would swap Tenn and FLorida

There is also a good chance though that LSU could end up in the Capital one IF they have a better record than the team that won the EAST, even if they missed winning the west and going to the Championship game.

It happened the year before last when Auburn beat Tenn in the CCG and they got sent to the Cotton bowl instead of the Capital One. So it's SEC#2 in schedule which is not always the loser of the CCG.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:06 am

I think your off on the NC game too...Texas and USC??

Again. I really though Tennessee would suprise everybody, I still think they will make a comeback of sorts, but the reports haven't sound too encouraging. That's why I backed out of my national championship prediction. I don't think a Texas/USC rematch is that far-fetched. If Colt McCoy or Jevan Snead can step in (it can happen), then things should be all good from Austin.

Another note, I don't think Texas and USC will get to the title game unblemished; both will have one loss. I don't see any team going undefeated into bowl season. West Virginia will also have one loss, so there might be some grumbling coming out of Morgantown.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:05 pm

Eric wrote:
I think your off on the NC game too...Texas and USC??

Again. I really though Tennessee would suprise everybody, I still think they will make a comeback of sorts, but the reports haven't sound too encouraging. That's why I backed out of my national championship prediction. I don't think a Texas/USC rematch is that far-fetched. If Colt McCoy or Jevan Snead can step in (it can happen), then things should be all good from Austin.

Another note, I don't think Texas and USC will get to the title game unblemished; both will have one loss. I don't see any team going undefeated into bowl season. West Virginia will also have one loss, so there might be some grumbling coming out of Morgantown.

Maybe aRose Bowl rematech?? SInce they will both win their conference's most likely.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:29 am

It could be, the Big Ten champ would have to be in the title game (hopefully not Ohio State......please not Ohio State :lol: ....).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:34 pm

Eric wrote:It could be, the Big Ten champ would have to be in the title game (hopefully not Ohio State......please not Ohio State :lol: ....).

I remember the Texas Michiigan matchup a few years back..Good game.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”