Picks week 12

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Picks week 12

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:11 pm

I accidentally deleted the Picks thread for this week. I was able to go back and screenshot it. Everybody can check to see if this is correct, but it should be I did it this morning attempting to lock the thread. I picked the wrong tool and deleted it. This is the only way I knew to retrieve it. I sent a copy of this to Cane as well. Sorry guys.

IMG_5001 cfp 1.PNG
IMG_5001 cfp 1.PNG (92.74 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

IMG_4999 cfp2.PNG
IMG_4999 cfp2.PNG (91.26 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

IMG_4998 cfp3.PNG
IMG_4998 cfp3.PNG (96.64 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

IMG_4997 cfp4.PNG
IMG_4997 cfp4.PNG (117.3 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

IMG_4996 CFP5.PNG
IMG_4996 CFP5.PNG (122.51 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Picks week 12

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 pm

I checked last night before USC/Cal was over, but saw this morning where the Trojans won, so I believe I missed on 5 games........ I had picked Notre Dame, Iowa and Utah State but changed them on a hunch. Some hunch..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:24 pm

I picked Notre Dame. I hadn’t had a chance to check even who I picked for sure. I didn’t change any of mine. I rarely do. I always do better when I don’t touch them.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:01 am

Spence wrote:I accidentally deleted the Picks thread for this week. I was able to go back and screenshot it. ~~~ I picked the wrong tool and deleted it. This is the only way I knew to retrieve it. I sent a copy of this to Cane as well. Sorry guys.

No worries; this worked well enough for me to score the picks.

Were you doing this on your phone ..?

I only ask, because if I had done this on my Laptop or Desktop {and I have multiple times over since as far back as 2004} ... I would hit the back button, then either copy and paste the comment/picks/thread I was posting into a new window ... or I would right click on Quote; and open the post in a new Tab --- this way it preserves each comment that you were referring to in it's original form --- then you could repost the thread, and Quote each person's Reply via the Copy/Paste tools.

I also use this trick to simply open a new Tab of this Forum from my bookmarks, and scroll to an earlier comment someone had made in a previous Thread. Then I'll hit Quote on the comment; Copy the Message with the Quote Text & Person's name at the beginning and end of the comment I'm Quoting --- then Paste the comment into the Message Box of the Topic I am presently replying to.

Anyway; I just thought I'd offer my own fumbled solution that I've used {more frequently than I'd like to admit :D } in the event that it might happen again.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:24 am

I was doing it on my phone and that was what I tried. It didn’t work. It let me go back, but not copy and paste. Luckily I already had the screenshot because I was afraid it wouldn’t work. I guess when you do it from the administration control panel it is for good. I have been out of town and even though I did have my lap top I wasn’t using it. I should have been though. I made it to 55 without readers, but in just a few short years since, my up close vision really sucks.

Return to “Picks”