Predictions 2020: Week Eleven

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Predictions 2020: Week Eleven

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:33 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 14th

(1.) Miami - @ - Virginia Tech
(2.) Wake Forest - @ - North Carolina
(3.) Army - @ - Tulane
(4.) Penn State - @ - Nebraska
(5.) TCU - @ - West Virginia
(6.) South Florida - @ - Houston
(7.) Notre Dame - @ - Boston College
(8.) Ohio State - @ - Maryland --- Cancelled
(9.) Texas A&M - @ - Tennessee --- Postponed
(10.)  Memphis - @ - Navy --- Postponed
(11.)  Colorado - @ - Stanford
(12.)  Louisville - @ - Virginia
(13.)  Auburn - @ - Mississippi State --- Postponed
(14.)  Baylor - @ - Texas Tech
(15.)  Alabama - @ - LSU --- Postponed
(16.)  Arkansas - @ - Florida
(17.)  SMU - @ - Tulsa
(18.)  South Carolina - @ - Ole Miss
(19.)  Cal - @ - Arizona State --- Cancelled
(20.)  Utah - @ - UCLA --- Cancelled

--- predictions will be accepted up to 12:00 noon EST Saturday Kickoff ---

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Predictions 2020: Week Eleven

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:29 am

Oh Goodie.......... has anyone seen my darts????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:50 pm

1. VaTech....... Coin flip, Uh..... that’s not how you ‘Ice The Kicker’, c’mon Hokies get your head out of your Hokiehole!!!!! :roll:
2. North Carolina....... c’mon Mack, you’ve let me down already once this season
3. Tulane....... Changed my mind. :?
4. Penn State....... Happy Valley my arse
5. West Virginia....... Coin flip. The Mountaineers MUST contain and TACKLE the QB, this guy can fly and loves to run. P. S. That didn’t happen at Texas. :roll:
6. Houston....... will Dana Holgerson ever learn
7. Norte Dame....... no let down here
8. COVIDED
9. COVIDED
10. COVIDED
11. Stanford....... your guess is as good as mine. I’m told one has to be really smart and have a really high IQ to go to school there, I wonder if they could explain in a way this hillbilly could understand just why they are called The Cardinals and their mascot dresses up like a Pine Tree.
12. Virginia....... Coin flip
13. COVIDED
14. Baylor....... WVU has played them both and beat Baylor and lost to Texas Tech and the Mountaineers were not good in either game....... so why would I pick Baylor??? :shock:
15. COVIDED
16. Florida....... the Gator offense better put some points on the board
17. Tulsa....... Changed my mind. :?
18. Ole Miss....... a couple of 2-4 teams, I’ll go with the home team
19. COVIDED
20. COVIDED

Well, there’s four games I won’t lose....... and to think of all that wasted effort it took to walk back and forth to the Dart Board four times. :wink: :wink:

I’m really conflicted on three games, Miami and VaTech, Louisville and Virginia and Arkansas and Florida......... not to mention Tulane/Army and Tulsa/SMU :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dag-Gum....... a couple more bite the dust. I’m starting to think the CFP is going to be a fiasco here shortly........ I’m still flipping between VaTech/Miami and Louisville/Virginia, think I’ll sleep on it and hope for a clairvoyant dream and pickin the morning.
Last edited by Mountainman on Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:53 am, edited 11 times in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:40 am

aturday, November 14th

(1.) Virginia Tech
(2.) North Carolina
(3.) Tulane
(4.) Penn State
(5.) West Virginia
(6.) Houston
(7.) Notre Dame
(8.) Ohio State
(9.) Postponed
(10.) Postponed
(11.) Stanford
(12.) Virginia
(13.) Postponed
(14.) Baylor
(15.) Postponed
(16.) Florida
(17.) SMU
(18.) Ole Miss
(19.) Arizona State
(20.) Utah

I feel pretty good about 9,10,13,and 15
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Spence wrote:I feel pretty good about 9,10,13,and 15

:lol:

Heads up ... OSU/Maryland is X'd.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:12 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:

Hey Cane, have you given any thought to replacing the games in the pick list that get canceled or postponed with another game???? Just a thought...... 8) 8) 8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:22 am

Mountainman wrote:

Hey Cane, have you given any thought to replacing the games in the pick list that get canceled or postponed with another game???? Just a thought...... 8) 8) 8)

:wink:

You read my mind ...

Each week I had to update the Postponed/Cancelled game list, I've thought to myself; "Should I replace those games with others. Or is it too late to make those changes."

When I updated the Ohio State -v- Maryland game, I decided, that's enough of that. So I'll just tell you now, starting next week, I'll be listing games underneath the (20.) original picks, as alternative Predictions.

There will be 5 optional alternative games to pick from; so that in the case of my needing to edit for postponements, I will replace said nixed game, with one from the alternate list.

I'll do my best to choose what I think are likely the most competitive games from the list, first.

Then I will message whomever has already posted their predictions, to notify them of the changes made.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 am

Mountainman wrote:

Spence wrote:

That being said ...

If you think there's enough time for you to make alternate picks, this week, I did have a couple that just missed the cut.

If you'd like, I could post them up.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:03 am

Mountainman wrote:

Spence wrote:

That being said ...

If you think there's enough time for you to make alternate picks, this week, I did have a couple that just missed the cut.

If you'd like, I could post them up.

As far me “reading your mind”, there’s a Proverb about ‘Great minds thinking alike’....... although it would probably be more accurate in our case as the inverse in that ‘Not so great minds think alike’. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m good with it....... the site is on my checklist and I check the site a couple or so times each day.

Let’s get Spence’s, and any others, inputs and thoughts and if he’s on board, you’re willing and without others objections, you know what what us Mountaineer Fans say........ Let’s Gooooooooo

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Mountainman wrote:As far me “reading your mind”, there’s a Proverb about ‘Great minds thinking alike’....... although it would probably be more accurate in our case as the inverse in that ‘Not so great minds think alike’. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or it could be: "Obscure and abstract minds think alike". :wink:

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:54 pm

(1.) Miami
(2.) North Carolina --- [what the Hillbilly said]
(3.) Army --- [probably; maybe not; I've gone back and forth]
(4.) Nebraska --- [The Nittany Lions have to beat someone, eventually; but Nebraska can win ... I think]
(5.) West Virginia --- [back on the East Coast; ought to be colder than Dallas-Fort Worth]
(6.) Houston --- [Though, I wouldn't be taken by surprised if this went the other way]
(7.) Notre Dame --- [but wouldn't it be retrospective, for BC to knock `em off just after beating #1]
(8.) --- Cancelled
(9.) --- Postponed
(10.) --- Postponed
(11.) Colorado --- [because, what has Stanford proven to us??]
(12.) Louisville --- [those flippin' Wahoos are just so wishy-washy]
(13.) --- Postponed
(14.) Baylor --- [if there's a game for them to make improvements; this is the one]
(15.) --- Postponed
(16.) Florida --- [I want so badly to go the other way, but Georgia's D couldn't stop 'em]
(17.) Tulsa --- [could be one of the better games of the week {though, the MAC had a couple fun showings}]
(18.) South Carolina --- [I don't know if this is really an upset pick; both have serious issues]
(19.) --- Cancelled
(20.) --- Cancelled

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm good with how ever you want to do it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Picks”