Predictions 2021: Week Fourteen and Fifteen

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Predictions 2021: Week Fourteen and Fifteen

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:41 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shorter list of games this week, so I've included the Friday Night games.

Championship Weekend!

Friday, December 3

(1.) Western Kentucky - @ - UTSA --- [CUSA Championship]
(2.) Oregon - @ - Utah --- [Pac-12 Championship]

Saturday, December 4

(3.) Baylor - @ - Oklahoma State --- [Big XII Championship]
(4.) Kent State - @ - Northern Illinois --- [MAC Championship]
(5.) Utah State - @ - San Diego State --- [Mountain West Championship]
(6.) Appalachian State - @ - Louisiana --- [Sun Belt Championship]
(7.) Georgia - @ - Alabama --- [SEC Championship]
(8.) Houston - @ - Cincinnati --- [AAC Championship]
(9.) Michigan - @ - Iowa --- [Big 10 Championship]
(10.) Pittsburgh - @ - Wake Forest --- [ACC Championship]
(11.) USC - @ - California --- [makeup game]

Saturday, December 11

(12.) Army - v - Navy --- [finale` of Commander-in-Chief series]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Friday Predictions will be accepted up to 7:00 noon EST Kickoff
--- Saturday Predictions will be accepted up to 12:00 noon EST Kickoff
--- Army/Navy Game Predictions will be accepted up to 3:00 noon EST Saturday Kickoff

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Predictions 2021: Week Fourteen and Fifteen

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:16 pm

1. Western Kentucky
2. Utah
3. Okie State
4. Kent State
5. San Diego State
6. Appy State
7. Georgia
8. Cincinnati
9. Michigan
10. Pittsburgh
11. Cal
12, Army
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:13 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

(1.) Western Kentucky
(2.) Oregon
(3.) Oklahoma State
(4.) Kent State --- [this conference is almost as unpredictable as the ACC]
(5.) Utah State
(6.) Louisiana --- [to beat `em twice is just as nice]
(7.) Georgia
(8.) Cincinnati --- [and the CFP committee can pretend they opened to a group of 5]
(9.) Michigan
(10.) Pittsburgh
(11.) USC --- [the Bruins treated them both pretty much the same]
(12.) Army --- [Win or Lose they take home the Trophy]

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:20 pm

(1.) UTSA ]
(2.) Utah
(3.) Oklahoma State
(4.) Kent State
(5.) San Diego State
(6.) Louisiana LaFayette
(7.) Georgia
(8.) Cincinnati
(9.) Skunk bears
(10.) Pittsburgh
(11.) USC
(12.) Army
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 pm

Gentlemen…….. the more I look at these games and the more I think about these games, I’m starting to convince myself that Michigan, Alabama, and Cincinnati could all lose this weekend.

I mean, Iowa is solid and ain’t going to beat themselves, and that Georgia defense is for real and ‘Bama struggles a bit on offense, and Houston can score with Holgorsen’s offense, although when he was at WVU his teams were not all that disciplined and oftentimes hurt themselves…….. this thing could get real interesting.

Can you say Cowboys, Fighting Irish and Buckeyes along with Bulldogs in the CFP????? :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:41 pm

Mountainman wrote:Gentlemen…….. the more I look at these games and the more I think about these games, I’m starting to convince myself that Michigan, Alabama, and Cincinnati could all lose this weekend.

I mean, Iowa is solid and ain’t going to beat themselves, and that Georgia defense is for real and ‘Bama struggles a bit on offense, and Houston can score with Holgorsen’s offense, although when he was at WVU his teams were not all that disciplined and oftentimes hurt themselves…….. this thing could get real interesting.

Can you say Cowboys, Fighting Irish and Buckeyes along with Bulldogs in the CFP????? :wink:

Go Hawks!
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:17 pm

Mountainman wrote:Gentlemen…….. the more I look at these games and the more I think about these games, I’m starting to convince myself that Michigan, Alabama, and Cincinnati could all lose this weekend.

Alabama finds a defense, where Georgia has been misplacing it here & there.

Houston played really well in the first quarter, then that lack of Holgorsen's team discipline has reared its ugly face.

Michigan/Iowa is set to kickoff in 45 minutes ...

Baylor's defense saves the day; the Cowboys [despite the referees' best efforts] were unable to realize the dream.

All I am sure of, is my picks are taking a serious plummet this week.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:25 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:

Alabama finds a defense, where Georgia has been misplacing it here & there.

Houston played really well in the first quarter, then that lack of Holgorsen's team discipline has reared its ugly face.

Michigan/Iowa is set to kickoff in 45 minutes ...

Baylor's defense saves the day; the Cowboys [despite the referees' best efforts] were unable to realize the dream.

All I am sure of, is my picks are taking a serious plummet this week.

All I’ve learned so far this weekend is to not to listen to myself…….. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Picks”