If you're the selection committe....

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

If you're the selection committe....

Postby Eric » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:27 am

And if you had to pick from these 12 teams (who are Lunardi's "Last 4 in, Last 4 out, and Next 4 out"), who would you take:

Purdue
Illinois
Old Dominion
Missouri State

Kansas State
West Virginia
Massachusetts
Drexel

Florida State
Michigan
Mississippi State
Mississippi

If I had to pick 4 of these teams, I'm taking UMass, Drexel, Missouri State, and West Virginia. I think it's absolutely insane that Michigan State is pretty much assured a bid and Illinois and Purdue are on the bubble. Hopefully, the selection committe will recognize that the conference is awful this season.

Iowa is just being glanced over here. How well they did OOC and how well they are doing in the Big 10 (aren't they in 4th or 5th place?) should be an indicator of the overall conference strength. How can you take any teams lower than Iowa and Iowa has no chance? They're like 2 games over .500 overall and they have a winning record in the Big 10. Go figure :roll:

I will say though, that the Big 12 is probably just as bad as the Big 10 this year. Kind of like in football.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “College Basketball”