SEC tournament

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

SEC tournament

Postby Dossenator » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Well, Arkansas just beat Vanderbilt for the 2nd time this year. Arkansas scored the first points today and never trailed the entire game. Hogs play Tennessee tomorrow. Tenn squeaked with their win today....Auburn had them and let it slip right at the end by giving up a 3 point basket with 2 seconds left, and Tenn won by 1.

Looks like that with Ole Miss and Florida lossing in their first games that they are both out of the NCAA tournament. Looks like that: Tenn, Vanderbilt, Miss. St., and Ark will get auto bids....and probably Kentucky as well. I don't think the SEC gets more then 5 teams in this year.

Go Hogs beat Vols!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Re: SEC tournament

Postby Dossenator » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:29 pm

And to make things worse the winner of the Kentucky vs Georgia game this morning will have to play Miss ST tonight (who does not have to play 2 games today). This hurts the winner of the Kentucky vs Georgia game. But what can you do. The SEC, all the school athletic directors, and the NCAA said that since the tournament winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament that all the games had to be done before the selection process.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:32 pm

Great win by Georgia over KY on a last second 3 pt shot in overtime.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:23 pm

Now Georgia just played an overtime game and they have to play a rested Miss St team tonight. Not sure they will have the legs left to pull off another upset.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:15 pm

I posted a long response right after the game but I guess it is not showing up....anyway, Great win for Hogs. The Hogs went 4-2 against the three best SEC teams this year: they beat Vanderbilt 2 times, they split with Tenn and Miss St. The win against Miss St was by 20 points. The Hogs led the SEC West all year and hit a skid the last two weeks of the regular season...but they have turned it around winning, I believe 4 straight, with 2 wins against Vandy and the win against Tenn today. I couldn't be more happy. If the Hogs can win tomorrow what you guys think they will be seated in the NCAA tournament. Most predictions before todays win was a 9 or 10 seed. I hate being an 8 or 9 seed. I would almost rather be a 10. Does anyone think a win tomorrow could push them up to a 7 seed. I like what Pelphrey is doing and think he will be able to rebuild the Hogs to an SEC power once again. Go Hogs!

I hope Miss St beats Georgia so the Hogs can have a chance to beat one of the best SEC teams yet again.

Return to “College Basketball”