Baseball is crazier than football

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Baseball is crazier than football

Postby donovan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:09 pm

What is happening to baseball management. The Dodgers fire bench coach Hillman and Mattingly doesn't know anything about it. Why not fire the janitor if you don't like the fact you didn't seal the deal...or maybe the peanut vendor......or just maybe...say thanks to everyone for a great run.....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-trey-hillman-gracious-firing-dodgers-bench-coach-20131022,0,4416361.story?track=rss#axzz2iUFy4bSl
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Re: Baseball is crazier than football

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I wonder if that was "punishment" for Mattingly mouthing off at his press conference. If that were the case, I think Mattingly should just walk away from it. I wasn't a big fan of his as a manager coming into the year, but the way the team turned around midseason, he probably had a lot to do with that. I'm sure another team would love to have him as their manger.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:37 pm

It could have been....he was really a jerk, I thought at the conference...there are better ways to handle that....

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Baseball...oh yeah, I remember playing it when I was a kid. Mostly I remember being bored. It reminds me of fishing; you sit around for a couple of hours and maybe get a minute or two of excitement. The difference is that fishing occurs in a nicer setting and the beer is a lot cheaper.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Old Ducker wrote:Baseball...oh yeah, I remember playing it when I was a kid. Mostly I remember being bored. It reminds me of fishing; you sit around for a couple of hours and maybe get a minute or two of excitement. The difference is that fishing occurs in a nicer setting and the beer is a lot cheaper.

Now I know what is wrong with me, I like them both.

Return to “Off-Topic”