green day/u2

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:47 pm

I like U2, but Green Day gets on my nerves pretty bad....

Especially with their vocal politics...I personally dont care what someone believes, but I WILL NOT pay money to hear your opinion. Just play your music and SHUT UP!! :lol:

Green day is "mostly" 3 chords rock over and over, and sounds like every other grunge/punk/or any other type of music, they are all the same to me.

Whereas U2, has a unique sound that no one else has. IMO
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:04 pm

Derek wrote:Green day is "mostly" 3 chords rock over and over, and sounds like every other grunge/punk/or any other type of music, they are all the same to me.

Whereas U2, has a unique sound that no one else has. IMO

100% agreed.

Apparently Green Day used to put on a pretty good show. I wouldn't pay a dime to see them play, though. If you want to get my $15 for your CD, you better have a darned good technical knowledge of music, someone with a unique/strong voice, and lyrics that both inspire and make me grab a dictionary.

None of which GD pulls off.

Return to “Off-Topic”