College Baseball

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: College Baseball

Postby billybud » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Good luck to you...and to Donovan....may one of your teams go all the way.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Thanks Billybud!

I am hoping tonight’s game between Oregon st and Miss State sets tons of records....such as, the longest game in baseball history, most pitchers used, etc. you know to get that pitching all set up nicely for when one of them faves Ark Monday.

On a serious note, I am pulling for Oregon St tonight.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks, Mr. Billybud.

I like this matchup. I like we have two CFP members with a vested interest. My feelings seem trite but if Arkansas can shut down OSU's hitting, they will win. If not, then I suspect OSU will win. OSU has had some defensive issues and that can't happen.

There has been in the games I have seen, a very large strike zone. And in a couple of games, not that consistent. But the Umps have been way better than they have been not, so hopefully there is a consistency so the kids can play. Good fortune, Dossenator.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:22 pm

I am with you Donavan.

Arkansas is starting Blaine Knight on the mound. Blaine is 13-0 this year. When he is on he is as good as they come. Arkansas strength this year is hitting. As a team they bat over .300 with three years players over .340. As a team they have hit 98 homeruns.

I am looking forward to this matchup. Wish I was in Omaha. It will be swarming with Hog fans. I am actually on vacation in Michigan (first time in Michigan) but will be watching the game. Tomorrow’s my birthday and a Razorback win would be the best gift.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 am

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Shucks....game postponed until tomorrow night. So much for taking care of business with no losses in college World Series. The advantage of being rested to face a team that had to play 3 straight with only one day off is out the window now.

Every single game hogs played in was affected by weather...delays or postponed. 2nd postponed game.

Until tomorrow!

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:27 am

I think does level out the playing field a little. These delays, however, are long postponements and the emotional level is up and down. Not like a regular season where the game is called after a period of time. Till tomorrow.

First game goes to the pitcher that hangs in there...I think both coaches will be quick to yank from the git-go.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Not looking good for Ark after 3. Ump behind plate is terrible. Not consistent for either pitcher and calling balls below knees and balls of plate as strikes. However a ball down the middle of the plate waist high is a ball.

Hope the Oregon St pitcher didn’t do what he admitted to doing in court. Just creeps me out. Glad he is not Ark pitcher. Would rather lose. Just read about it today.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Now the pitch below knees is not a strike. This infuriated me about baseball. Why have a plate if you just make stuff up. I was taught knees to letters on chest and over plate was a strike.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Yep....terrible....NOW let's talk about the 2nd base ump.............

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Classic momentum changer.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Terrible! Gives the relief pitcher strikes for curve balls off plate and almost chest high.

Kid did not slide. I played baseball. If someone did not slide I threw the ball as normal. I popped a kid in the face once. Felt bad but I bet he slid from then on.

He actually got call right based on the rules. Kid did not slide. He impeded the throw and was running high right at the Ark player. He had to hold the ball and try to throw again. His explainatiin was wrong but the rules state player must slide. I would have just thrown the ball.

That call had nothing to do with the starting pitcher for Oregon not being able to throw strikes anymore. His arm was just done. His velocity was down, he walked a batter, hit 2 batters, and gave up a couple of hits.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Bogus!!!!!

Called foul by ref right on top of play. Replay shows it was close but not indisputable. You talk about a blown call. Typical for an Arkansas game though.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Luckily blown call did not lead to runs.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Oregon State will lose this game because of their pitching.

These umpires remind me of first year High School Umps.....Officiating by committee doesn't work in baseball any better than football.

Return to “Off-Topic”