myDailyPhoto.com - An openSkies Design Project!

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

myDailyPhoto.com - An openSkies Design Project!

Postby openSkies » Thu May 10, 2007 8:37 am

Hey guys,

I have no idea who all might be interested in this, but I figured I may as well go ahead and post it.

I'm starting a new online community called myDailyPhoto. In a nutshell, it's a site where you take a picture every day and post it online to create a sort of visually-aided memory. (It's pretty cool to actually look back on the past few months and have pictures remind you of all the events that took place).

If you want more details, or if you want to pre-register, head over to myDailyPhoto.com and check it out.

Also be sure to check out the really cool posters we're going to offer after you do a full calendar year of photo posting =]

//

Oh, and if you want a working example of what this project is all about... check out the one I made for myself and my friend Lauren (what kicked this whole thing off): http://www.twoclicksaday.com

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu May 10, 2007 1:52 pm

I just pre-registered, that's a pretty novel idea. I've been following it on myspace. Are you going to have an option where I can have mine with my wife's like you have on your one click a day page?

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Thu May 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Hmm... never thought of that before.

I'll talk to our programmer and see what we can do. We probably won't be able to do it any time soon (if it's possible), but maybe we can do it down the road.

TwoClicksADay is actually totally separate from myDailyPhoto. Totally different coding, different server, everything. Only the idea is the same. 2CaD was programmed by the guy who helped up with CFP, while mDP is being programmed by a long time friend of mine.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:17 pm

how is this project coming along?
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Loooook who it is! Haven't seen you in a long time.

Project is on indefinite hold. I'm working 12 hours a day on CFP's new design and my other programmer, Sean, took a vacation all summer long to sunny West Palm Beach.

During the summer, though, I learned PHP, and will be able to help quite a bit once we have some free time. Should speed things along once we just find the time to get back together on it.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:59 am

yay! i was worried that you had gotten too busy and ditched it. i love the idea!

also, i'd like to thank you or whoever it was for whatever ya'll did to speed this site up! :D
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Why, thank you =] I'll be sending out an e-mail to all the registrants of mDP when we're finally ready to go.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: myDailyPhoto.com - An openSkies Design Project!

Postby openSkies » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:02 pm

Bama_Girl...

I scratched the whole website and am starting over from scratch (I had no idea what the other programmer did or did not yet complete). So far it's going pretty well. The new registration and log-in is all done. Image uploading and resizing is 95% done. The rest is all just getting one page to talk to the next.

=]

Return to “Off-Topic”