Red Skelton's Pledge

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Red Skelton's Pledge

Postby WoVeU » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:45 pm

I thought this was meaningful, touching, and ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM&feature=related%20Red%20Skelton
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Re: Red Skelton's Pledge

Postby Dossenator » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:28 am

WoVeU...thanks for posting that video. I loved it and have shared it with several people. Red Skelton is a distant relative of mine....someone in my family had our geneology traced a few years back and found that out.

He was a very funny man. I own a DVD collection of his show. He had some great characters: Junior (who was famous for his expression, "I Dood It"), Clem Kadiddlehopper, Sheriff Deadeye, boxer Cauliflower McPugg, Willy Lump-Lump, and San Fernando Red.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Dossenator wrote:WoVeU...thanks for posting that video. I loved it and have shared it with several people. Red Skelton is a distant relative of mine....someone in my family had our geneology traced a few years back and found that out.

He was a very funny man. I own a DVD collection of his show. He had some great characters: Junior (who was famous for his expression, "I Dood It"), Clem Kadiddlehopper, Sheriff Deadeye, boxer Cauliflower McPugg, Willy Lump-Lump, and San Fernando Red.

You're welcome Doss.

Guys like Red, old school comedians, were really creative. Today's comedians lean on shock value, questionable cleanliness, and other things more. And the old stuff is still funny!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Good stuff.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”