A crazy and sad story....you won't believe it.

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

A crazy and sad story....you won't believe it.

Postby Dossenator » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:22 am

This is a true story...4 year boy at 1:45am leaves his house, opens a beer, stills presents from a neighbors house, opens the gifts, puts on a dress, and is wandering the neighborhood...oh, he had half the beer drank by the time he was found. Let's see...the girl was 17 when she had the boy, his father is in jail...most can see this will not turn out well but who thought it would start by the time the kid is 4 (how many laws did this kid break: drinking under age, breaking and entering, theft, and I am sure his town has a curfew).

Story and link:
Drunk 4-Year-Old Steals Christmas Presents

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/year-9 ... stmas.html

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WTVC-TV) - A 4-year-old boy, beer in hand, is accused of stealing Christmas presents from his neighbors. It's a strange story, but also a sad one.

April Wright is 21 years old and is going through a divorce with her husband who is in jail. She says she is not sure how her 4-year-old managed to get out of the house, open a beer, and steal the neighbors presents from under their tree. Now she's just glad he's okay and says she won't let it happen again.

The child, Hayden Wright, was found around 1:45 am Tuesday, wandering the streets of his neighborhood. In a police reports, officers said he was wearing a little girl's dress and drinking a beer. The police report says the child had to taken to the hospital to be treated for alcohol consumption.

April Wright said, "Biggest concern was him being out there, getting kidnapped, getting run over, the alcohol, having to have his stomach pumped."

Wright says she woke up that night at 1:45 am and panicked when she found Hayden was gone. She says she put safety devices on all the doors so her kids couldn't get out, but Hayden was able to break the safety device off the doorknob and get outside.

Once out, Wright says her four year old followed his father's footsteps and was found on Blue Spruce Road, drinking.

"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office report says Hayden rang the doorbell a few houses down and the neighbor answered, finding the child holding a partially consumeed 12-ounce beer.

Wright said, "He got it out of my father's cooler in the back and how he got it open I don't understand because it was one of those tab beers."

But it doesn't stop there. The report said Hayden then snuck into a neighbor's house through an unlocked front door, and stole five wrapped Christmas gifts. One was a girl's brown dress which Hayden was wearing when police found him.

"Going to the neighbor's house and taking their presents, very embarrassing," said April.

She admits she was not just embarrassed, but scared, and rushed to the hospital that night with Hayden. She said she tries to be a good mother and loves her son, but now feels like a failure.

"Kids do things like this and it's out of your control, you can do the best you can as a mother, everyone makes mistakes, it was an honest mistake," she said.

Wright did meet with child protective services today who told her she will get to keep custody of Hayden.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: A crazy and sad story....you won't believe it.

Postby WoVeU » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:02 am

Huh, very odd this story was just on the local morning news. I clicked over here 30 seconds later to see this post.

The story has strangeness, invented by the child to purposely call attention to his actions. A sad situation that I am sure is no where near a single event in today's society.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:22 pm

WoVeU wrote:Huh, very odd this story was just on the local morning news. I clicked over here 30 seconds later to see this post.

The story has strangeness, invented by the child to purposely call attention to his actions. A sad situation that I am sure is no where near a single event in today's society.

I came across the story last night before I went to bed. Clearly this child is begging for attention....however, I don't think most of us would expect a 4 year old to commit a few felonies to acheive his goal.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Dossenator wrote:
WoVeU wrote:Huh, very odd this story was just on the local morning news. I clicked over here 30 seconds later to see this post.

I came across the story last night before I went to bed. Clearly this child is begging for attention....however, I don't think most of us would expect a 4 year old to commit a few felonies to acheive his goal.

Rite of passage in West Virginia...but usually you have to be 6 years old!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:39 am

I am not usually a fan of Child Protective Services as they are usually busy bodied liberals that think they have the power to police every single situation. A lot of times they themselves didn't have a good childhood, etc etc...

But in this case, maybe someone needs to think about this?? :|
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:41 am

Derek wrote:I am not usually a fan of Child Protective Services as they are usually busy bodied liberals that think they have the power to police every single situation. A lot of times they themselves didn't have a good childhood, etc etc...

But in this case, maybe someone needs to think about this?? :|

Yeah, I think you should be 9 or 10 years old.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”