Global Warming - A Real Answer

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Global Warming - A Real Answer

Postby WoVeU » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:27 pm

I found this very interesting. A solid theory (with data) on a chief cause of Global Warming. It is done in 6 small parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKoUwttE0BA&feature=related

(For those who care. Note this study (studies really) plot a curve that show long periodic trends. This plots a trend line for warming by cosmic forces. This would only be a part of the total system. Shorter term deviations in thermals ride atop this major mover they display. Short term deviations could be more of the same...and/or terrestrial forces like CO2 emissions, natural and unnatural, tidal variations, etc. I am very confident that this has to be true, as a factor, and a very important one.)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Global Warming - A Real Answer

Postby BYUfan1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:58 pm

I think it snowed today in Pensacola, Florida. So much for global warming-more like return of the ice age.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 am

hahaaa! we got snow here too for the first time in 10 years today.
i wonder if the mammoths and saber toothed tigers were as upset about global warming as we are?
:mrgreen: heehee
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:11 pm

I read yesterday that there was snow on the ground in 48 states, and it snowed in 49 of the 50 two days ago. The only state that did not have snow was Hawaii. So much for global warming. It is all a bunch of bunk created by politicians and those who are trying to make big bucks off of scaring people.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:18 am

Dossenator wrote:I read yesterday that there was snow on the ground in 48 states, and it snowed in 49 of the 50 two days ago. The only state that did not have snow was Hawaii. So much for global warming. It is all a bunch of bunk created by politicians and those who are trying to make big bucks off of scaring people.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss global warming claims based on spurts of snow. The weather cycles in and out, there are different patterns, etc. And I haven't watched the news in a long time, but I think the "climategate" issue was put to bed because of a misunderstanding of scientific jargon. At any rate, scientific consensus says that the Earth is warming, but nobody really knows why. They think CO2 has something to do with it and it probably does. I don't think if I drive a Hummer that I will do all that much to damage the enormous atmosphere of the Earth. I agree though that politicians want to exploit. :roll:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 am

We have been in a warming trend. That isn't a question. I think the why is what is in question. I believe the sun is the culprit here. It runs through periods where it burns hotter and periods when it burns cooler. I don't think anything we do will change anything as far as climate is concerned. Pluto is also warming and I don't think anyone on Pluto is burning fossil fuels. :roll: I also believe that poluting is a bad idea because it poisons our environment so it is a good idea not to pollute any more then is possible. I don't believe we should go back to the caves in the name of saving the environment.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:38 am

I have watched and read several things recently that said the planet is actually cooling not warming. I agree with Spence that the Sun is the main culprit for climate fluctuations. The planet has been much warmer in the distant past then it is now....before man had hummers, factories, etc. I also agree Spence that we should take measures not to pollute....clean air, clean water, etc are good things. I just don't believe we affect the climates temp like they want us all to believe.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:05 am

bama_girl wrote:hahaaa! we got snow here too for the first time in 10 years today.
i wonder if the mammoths and saber toothed tigers were as upset about global warming as we are?
:mrgreen: heehee

well, my GMC Sierra with it's Duramax Evil Diesel is what ended the first ice age...and I told the tigers then that I didn't care, and I still don't.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:12 am

It is difficult to be sucked into a discussion of an earth that could be billions of years old and we look at a microcosmic portion of about 100 years....the length of time there have been some records kept.....and draw these catastrophic conclusions.

We have not taken good care of mother earth. And certainly pollution, chemicals used with reckless abandon have had their toil on our living conditions. We need to take care of our planet...but we are spit in the ocean with it comes to the affect we have long term on the weather.

The Creator of heaven and earth is in charge. Man will not alter His ultimate goal and purpose. The talk about global warming is political. Using environmentally friendly products makes sense, though now it has jump to astronomical political proportions.

We build our houses on cliffs and when natural erosion dumps them in the drink, we want to be bailed out. New Orleans suffers a tragedy and instead of rebuilding the city where the scientists told us to, several miles inland, we jump right back in because we want to save Bourbon Street, the epitome of debauchery.

We blacktop whole cities so there is no water drainage and wonder why we have issues. The list goes on and on......seems to me we need to worry about things we can do to make the earth a better place to live and stop the political chicanery about weather issues over which we have no control or effect.

We can start by ripping up all of these artificial football turfs and go back to grass.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 am

That pretty much covers it - and I like the natural grass too. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Well said Donovan!!! 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 pm

donovan wrote:It is difficult to be sucked into a discussion of an earth that could be billions of years old and we look at a microcosmic portion of about 100 years....the length of time there have been some records kept.....and draw these catastrophic conclusions.

We have not taken good care of mother earth. And certainly pollution, chemicals used with reckless abandon have had their toil on our living conditions. We need to take care of our planet...but we are spit in the ocean with it comes to the affect we have long term on the weather.

The Creator of heaven and earth is in charge. Man will not alter His ultimate goal and purpose. The talk about global warming is political. Using environmentally friendly products makes sense, though now it has jump to astronomical political proportions.

We build our houses on cliffs and when natural erosion dumps them in the drink, we want to be bailed out. New Orleans suffers a tragedy and instead of rebuilding the city where the scientists told us to, several miles inland, we jump right back in because we want to save Bourbon Street, the epitome of debauchery.

We blacktop whole cities so there is no water drainage and wonder why we have issues. The list goes on and on......seems to me we need to worry about things we can do to make the earth a better place to live and stop the political chicanery about weather issues over which we have no control or effect.

We can start by ripping up all of these artificial football turfs and go back to grass.

Amen! That pretty much covers it!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:02 pm

The video series does point to the sun and gamma rays that chart perfectly with the Earths (solar systems) rotation in relation to the spiral arms of the galaxy.

Basically saying, when we receive more gamma rays (from the sun or other stars) that these create more and denser clouds. The Earth hen gets cooler. I think the gamma rays increase ionizing forces and water vapor formation and collection increases. This decreases how many warming rays penetrate through to our lower atmosphere and increase the reflection back up through the higher area. (It is also said that in certain conditions this would seem to cause and in some cases cold cause a slight warming, very short term. And they believe this has been observed...very short term. These cloud formations in itself pushes things to more of a thermal bi-laminate and less of a thermal gradient through the atmosphere. I think the thermal layering effect then increases upper thermal rotations and the heat-to-cold movements that then also increase water coalescing and the creation of more clouds. Thus resulting in the gamma cloud excitation process resulting in a cooling effect.

Saying we are now moving away from a spiral and arm and we are experiencing less of this effect.

To me it just again goes to show another layer of how many things...forces, formations, time, space, mass, and energy types in a galaxy, solar system, and planet have to occur together to allow for a planet to support life in the manner Earth does. We look harder, further, and calculate better...and while we increasingly find more Universe, we increasingly find more reasons an Earth could be a 1 in a Million to a Billion or Trillion places before you ever consider the first life form. It amazes me!
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”