prayer request

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: prayer request

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 pm

rolltide wrote:I have only done this one other time, so I only ask when it is really needed. My wife is destroying herself and our marriage with heavy drug use and I am afraid she will end up dead. She has already come close to dying and I am hoping the more prayers sent will help her see the light before it's too late. Thank you all.

You have mine. Good luck, there isn't much that is worse then watching someone you love destroy themselves.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:27 am

i'll be praying for you both.
a while back i had a doc put me on xanax to help me sleep at night
i took it for about 2 months and it worked but made me feel too hung over in the day time so i just stopped taking it
a few days later i came unglued but had just had someone die in my family so i just thought i was reacting to that at first
it took me another week to figure out i was acting crazy as hell because i had quit taking the xanax and i think it lasted about 3 weeks
anyway, what i'm trying to say is that was all i was on and it was complete hell mentally and physically to get off of one pill so i can sympathize with her a little
as a nurse i saw it all the time but i didn't really sympathize with addicts because i always thought "duh just stop doing it to yourself ya dummass" but it ain't that easy
as soon as i was over it i couldn't believe what a selfish mean beeeeeeeeeeotch it had turned me into. even for just those few weeks, all i cared about was how I felt, and what I needed and how everybody was treating ME. and then i felt really bad about it and i could see the vicious cycle that addicts must go thru because once i realized how i had hurt everyone around me, i could see how an addict might want to escape that pain too and start all over again.
anyway, get her some good help and get her commited legally if you have to. no one wants to live that way. it will take alot of strength and love on both of your parts and the people around you.
best of luck
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Prayer sent up!

I've seen it too many times. But hey, I know I am a bear pre-coffee and a cigarette or 2 in the morning. The best way to kick a drug problem is to never have a drug habit.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Certainly you have all our concern and prayers. If I could suggest anything for you rolltide, find an Alanon Meeting and go to it, as often as you can....daily...weekly.......It will do as much as anything to help you keep your sanity which puts you in a good position to help your wife. God Bless you and your family.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:23 pm

You and your wife are in my prayers.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:31 pm

yep definitely check on an alanon meeting for you
you wont believe how much it will help you just to listen to others who are in your shoes
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Hope everything works out for you.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Too all my friends with there sickness going on.
I wish you all the best of luck as I too have a problem.

Dec.24,2009 I was told I have lung cancer in both of my lungs
Stage 4.
Started chemo and on my 3rd treatment as of last Thursday.

I am sorry not too hear about the sickness of the past few months as I been at it myself.
But I still wish the best of luck to all who are have this hard luck and pray to god to heal you all.

Howdy

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 pm

As has been said by all of this before, not sure if this is a football message board with people that care about each other or a bunch of people that care about each other that like football. I do not suppose it really matters.

Howdy, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I am very realistic about the reality of many maladies, but I am even more confirmed in the power of faith and prayer, it brings serenity and calmness and what more can we ask. God Bless You.

Donovan
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Howdy wrote:Too all my friends with there sickness going on.
I wish you all the best of luck as I too have a problem.

Dec.24,2009 I was told I have lung cancer in both of my lungs
Stage 4.
Started chemo and on my 3rd treatment as of last Thursday.

I am sorry not too hear about the sickness of the past few months as I been at it myself.
But I still wish the best of luck to all who are have this hard luck and pray to god to heal you all.

Howdy

Sorry to here about that Howdy. My Dad had the same thing and was diagnosed stage 4. It is a terrible disease, but the treatments get better every day. I hope you do well with them. Here is a poem that helped my dad, I hope it helps you. I can do a lot of things but it can not change who you are. Good luck with your battle.

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 am

Sorry to hear about that Howdy, but we wish you the best luck in the world! You've been one of our coolest members of this board for years. Just know that we'll always be thinking of you.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:18 pm

nothin but love for ya howdy! i'll be praying for you

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 am

One of my best friends has been diagnosed with brain cancer...some rare kind.

Here's his blog:
http://jtsbrain.blogspot.com/
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks for that post Spence....it is more than just a platitude.

Roll -Tide and Howdy....You will be in my thoughts...good luck.

As most of us find out in life, adversity has a way of introducing a man to himself. I hope that both of you like the guy that you find.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Hoo Boy!

Came back from my 4 month check up...everything looks OK!

It's now only scars...one bad, and one negligible. I can live with scars. I hope Howdy turns out as well.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “Off-Topic”