Music Guys?????

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Music Guys?????

Postby WoVeU » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Grayghost,

I had almost said in my earlier post, too many years...not enough pain. You have to have something tug at the heart to really write, especially lyrics. Too often, this comes in the form of pain. I think cutting your teeth (in writing) in times of pain, even more modest levels, leaves you less tooled to write when that antagonist is gone. I have urges and feelings write now out of some middle aged reflection. But you got the good juice, you have pure joy pushing you to emote...brother, it doesn't get any better than that!

Stay thirsty my friend!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:19 am

WoVeU wrote:Stay thirsty my friend!

I don't always write music, but when I do.....Yeah, I don't write any music :lol:

I have a MicroKorg synthesizer that I try to do covers of songs with. But that's about it!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:43 am

Eric wrote:

I don't always write music, but when I do.....Yeah, I don't write any music :lol:

I thought the exact same thing. Very funny!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:07 am

Very Cool story Grayghost. Glad you have reconnected. There is nothing like family reunions IMO.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:16 am

Eric wrote:

I have a MicroKorg synthesizer that I try to do covers of songs with. But that's about it!

If you can play chords , progressions, and scales then you are doing music. You might not be very good, but if it brings you joy and it isn't hideous...

Stay thirsty my friend!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Grayghost » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:15 am

It's funny...I didn't write that post to elicit any particular response, merely to note that I understood what WoVeU was going through. That being said, I deeply appreciate the responses to my post. That 7 years was hell for me, and it took me a long time to recover from the blow of losing my daughter. As Spence said, I can't recover those lost years, and I am not trying to. We are moving foward together, as friends. I often wonder that if we had not been separated if we would have ever been able to connect the way we are connecting now. The conversations we have are not typical father/daughter conversations. So even though what happened was painful...for both of us, I do believe that the bond we are building now is all the stronger for not having any baggage in the way.

Or, that just might be my way of finding the silver lining. :wink:

Again...thank you all.
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

Return to “Off-Topic”