Florida Governor's Debate

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Florida Governor's Debate

Postby WoVeU » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 pm

I know technical manuals are generally written on an 8th or 9th grade level and there are some now writing them on 6th grade levels. I guess CNN is getting on board with this program too.

USF was the cite of a debate between gubernatorial candidates Rick Scott and Alex Sink. Oh, I'm sorry ladies and gentleman, I didn't mean to talk all fancy with a big word like gubernatorial. I should have just said Florida Governor's Debate like CNN. Although neither is yet governor!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Brian Roastbeef
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Florida Governor's Debate

Postby Brian Roastbeef » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 am

Well maybe they need to write the rules at a 4th grade level, because Alex Sink didn't seem to understand the concept of "no notes..." I didn't see the debate, but the article says that Scott even had opportunity to call her out on it on the air... hopefully it was a good one.

Polls have been all over the place on this one with the average giving Scott a razor thin lead. Hopefully the fact that Sink will spend a day or two of crunch time having to defend against this flap will help him to seal the deal. With a week to go, you want to be 100% on message, not embarrassing yourself on the air.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:51 pm

By the way.. gubernatorial isn't too tough...it's words like "cite"...which actually should be site..

I do not like Scott...his company bilked taxpayers out of billions through fraud...he took the 5th seventy five times in a deposition related to that fraud. His political ads have been deliberately misleading to intentionally scare people.

I am a Floridian and, luckily, I do get a chance to cast my vote against this huckster.
Last edited by billybud on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Brian Roastbeef wrote:Well maybe they need to write the rules at a 4th grade level, because Alex Sink didn't seem to understand the concept of "no notes..." I didn't see the debate, but the article says that Scott even had opportunity to call her out on it on the air... hopefully it was a good one.

Polls have been all over the place on this one with the average giving Scott a razor thin lead. Hopefully the fact that Sink will spend a day or two of crunch time having to defend against this flap will help him to seal the deal. With a week to go, you want to be 100% on message, not embarrassing yourself on the air.

Sink did much scribbling...I took it that they couldn't bring notes or directly read from any? The mediation seemed a bit sloppy to me, it allowed somethings to get interesting and other things to get off task. The laugh cover was used by Sink all the time, and then Scott laughed when the questioning continued on about the fraud allegations. All of her's and his on the fraud, along with body language, clearly showed deception.

Too typical Republican, greasy money guy. Too typical Democrat, nothing concrete, help everybody w/ no method of paying for it!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”