Going back to Luckenback, Texas

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Going back to Luckenback, Texas

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:34 am

Heading to Luckenbach like Waylon, Willie, and the boys....leave in the morning.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"

Got my cowboy boots buffed, new Amsoil in the bike, updated maps in my GPS. and my woman by my side. Life is just too good (Maybe that's why the Russian oligarch in the TV ads makes me smile...."no pain...no pain").

We'll stop over on the way for a day in the St. Martinville area to explore Acadia some....

Am looking forward to the "Looking for Evangeline and Jerry Jeff, Shiner Bock Bluebonnet Tour".
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Going back to Luckenback, Texas

Postby Spence » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:24 am

Have a great trip.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 am

Spence wrote:Have a great trip.

Isn't America great! Safe journey.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Back from Texas...a really nice mix of visiting family and bike touring. We ran the Hill Country between Wimberly and the "three sisters" (famed bike roads about a hundred miles northwest of San Antonio)), spent some nights on the Paseo Del Rio, listened to some music, drank a few Margaritas...and Linda and I had some good times with her family.

Highlites...eating breakfast with working cowboys in Bandera, then riding from Bandera through Medina, Vanderpool, Leakey and routes 337, 336, 335. Beautiful country.

...Partied during Fiesta in San Antonio with nights on the riverwalk, ate german food in Fredericksburg, cajun food in Breax Bridge, and Tex Mex a bunch. The meal outside on the bluff overlooking the Guadalupe at the Gristmill in Gruene was a great.

Visited a little bit of Texas when we stopped by Linda's brother's place..."Mesquite Moon". Rural, out in the mesquite. Heck, visiting her family makes me want to reread Lonesome Dove.

But...there is no place like home...and I'm glad to be back.

“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:00 pm

We are glad to have you back, that you traveled safely and had a good time.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:43 am

Thank you, my friend.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm in Dallas Texas this week. I've really noticed how the city has changed since I was young, we used to come out here all of the time for Christmas. The old stereotypical Texas Cowboy with the big Cadillac is gone. And I don't think that's a good thing.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”