The death of small business

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: The death of small business

Postby WoVeU » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Some of the collusion that includes politics is just so "American" companies can compete with foreign companies. With China, Korea, Indonesia, India and others continually growing more of this will be allowed. (Also, being in a global economy makes it hard to stop monopolies, several ways to skin that cat now.) But I blame most all of this on the alpha-55's than just flocked to those Japanese cars and electronics in the late 70's and early 80's. There were more than a few efforts to help protect American companies against cheap foreign labor...who weren't burdened with minimum wages, unions, labor laws, robust benefits, EPA's, etc. But the people cried right beside the Japanese about not applying higher tariffs. So now many of those same people complain about corporations...and almost every raging liberal I know drives a foreign car! So, I think the whole dung pile is poetic justice. How is all that "we are the world" and "global neighbors" swill tucking you in at night! (Welcome to economics, it always will work that way...not as fast as physics, but she sure is steady and true to come full circle.)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”