The death of all business

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

The death of all business

Postby WoVeU » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:31 am

How did we get to the point where the Democrats argument against lowering corporate taxes is that it won't lead to more jobs? Especially when they lay so many charges about corporate greed. Have these people got a clue how greed works and what kind of investment returns are out there? The greed pushes internal reinvestment, you don't even have to be a good company to have net profit margins greater than other investment options.

Not only will the tax on the rich kill small business, but if we continue to have these high corporate taxes this country will lose many more companies and American jobs, the jobs first. More than a decade of pushing companies off shore and not protecting American business interest at home (w/ tariffs, taxes, laws, and respectable trade agreements) has crippled us and built up China, Indonesia, and India at a viral rate. If the Republicans should win the election, by the time they can work on the tax problem and bring reductions, and those reductions cycle through to business it will be too late! (Additionally, I don't think people know how much of this country is owned by foreign interests. And just why that is.)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The death of all business

Postby Derek » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 am

I've maintained for some time that The O, is not stupid. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing and what the effects of these policies are. And to me, that's pretty scary.

But in all honesty, I think Bev Perdue (D-NC) has the best solution. What we think is irrelevant.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”