Griffey to Hall of Fame

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Griffey to Hall of Fame

Postby donovan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:21 pm

With the highest percentage ever Junior is going to the Hall of Fame as a Mariner. I have seen him many times and in my opinion, he has the most perfect baseball swing ever. It never varied. And he did it all without controversy. My only thought, is who were the three voters that did not vote for him?

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/hall-of-fame-ken-griffey-jr-mike-piazza-bagwell-raines-bonds-clemens-coopersrtown-vote-010616
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Griffey to Hall of Fame

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:01 am

There are some guys who won't vote anyone in on the first ballot. I agree with him going in as a Mariner. That is where he put up his HOF numbers. I first got to see Junior play at the father son games in Cincinnati when he was a kid. He came to the ballpark a lot with his dad. I also saw him play legion ball. Even then, he had the fastest hands I have ever seen and the sweetest swing. Except for Hank Aaron, he is the best player I ever saw play the game. It was cool to see him as a little boy, then a teenager, prospect, ballplayer, and finally Hall of Famer. Very often kids who grew up with the advantages he had don't turn out so well, but he seems to be as good a person as he was a player.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:27 pm

Junior was one of my favorite players growing up. I never got the chance to see him play live, he was already in Cincy when I was stationed near Seattle. I was disappointed that Jim Edmonds did not get enough to stay on the ballot for a second year. Back to Griffey, his swing was just so pure and he played so hard but seemed to enjoy it all as much as we, or at least me, watching. His personality is great and I enjoyed his interview on ROOT Northwest day after the announcements, looking forward to Cooperstown speech. Would like to be in Seattle for the retirement jersey night I'm sure that will be special.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Griffey did have an amazing swing. I wonder what it is about left-handed swings that look so much more smooth than right-handed ones? Never figured that one out.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “Off-Topic”