Richt Gone At Miami

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Richt Gone At Miami

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:18 pm

They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Richt Gone At Miami

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Must be something to the phrase, “The handwriting was on the wall.... “.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:31 pm

I didn't see Richt decommitting.

Last year, at 10-0...the Canes were back was the cry...

I think the expectations were tough for him...and he really thinks that his resignation might allow for a restart. He is a Cane through and through and wants the best for the program.

Lane Kiffen, step on down.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:33 pm

billybud wrote:I didn't see Richt decommitting.

Last year, at 10-0...the Canes were back was the cry...

I think the expectations were tough for him...and he really thinks that his resignation might allow for a restart. He is a Cane through and through and wants the best for the program.

Lane Kiffen, step on down.

Oh please no!! Anybody but him.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:41 pm

I was kidding about Lane...probably Mario Cristobal, Manny Diaz
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Hearing that Miami is looking at Rex Ryan to replace Richt. He has never had to recruit before. I’m just wondering how that will work.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Cane has been sensing this coming...... his posts about the disappointment in the Hurricane program with Richt at the helm, the hiring of an offensive coordinator without input from Richt and most recently pronouncing it was ‘time for Richt to go’.

From afar, up here in the hills and hollers, as I see it, The State of Florida is producing as much high school talent as they ever have, but the kids are just not interested in the Big 3 in State schools and are going elsewhere, so Spence’s point is right on target when it comes to recruiting.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:57 pm

You'd think that WVU could get some Florida talent if kids are looking elsewhere.

But they seem to have lost that recruiting ground by moving to the Big 12. Now ranked #56 in Rival's 2019 classes, the Eers have one 3 star from Florida.

Not too far back, the Mountaineers had more of a Florida pipeline...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Recruiting is the key. Average coaches who can recruit look good. Great coaches that can recruit become legends - see Saban.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:41 pm

billybud wrote:You'd think that WVU could get some Florida talent if kids are looking elsewhere.

But they seem to have lost that recruiting ground by moving to the Big 12. Now ranked #56 in Rival's 2019 classes, the Eers have one 3 star from Florida.

Not too far back, the Mountaineers had more of a Florida pipeline...

Mountaineers don’t recruit Florida much anymore....... moved to Georgia. Staff changes and their contacts with high school coaches are part of it, and you’re right about the move to the Big XII, different style of play in the league, spread offenses, lots of plays per game, fast tempo and points, points, points and lighter/faster second and third level defenders.

......btw, Holgorsen is looking to fill a spot on his staff, his OC took a job in Texas, whispers have it that he wants to start calling plays again and is looking for a Quarterback Coach and Clint Trickett is at the top of the list. You’ll remember his dad, Rick who worked for Coach Bowden......when his dad was at WVU with RichRod it was said that Rick was never ever known to have said a complete sentence with less than 3 expletives in it. :lol:
Last edited by Mountainman on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:45 pm

This might sound weird, but I always felt like Harbaugh could win at a high clip in Miami. And be legitimately good, not fake-good like Michigan. Maybe the Jets will take our problem off our hands :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:50 pm

The second half of my dream last night was Michigan signing Jim Tressel, who is low-key motivated by getting revenge against Ohio State :lol:

Yes, this was just a dream. Obviously crazy, not happening, but I feel like Richt and Meyer stepping down and Harbaugh possibly flirting with the Jets, this is an inflection point for college football over the next few years. I think you can revive the U with the right coach, don't think that coach is Cristobal or Diaz. The culture around Michigan might be so negative and toxic at this point that it pushes Harbaugh out the door. Most upside is that Harbaugh likes the team he's building and has a lot coming back, with no Meyer, and even with all of the negativity he basically gets a free pass and $7 million in Ann Arbor. I can't say he's treated like a God because people are starting to get pissed off, but he's still treated with kid gloves and blind faith that this program will get any better.

Frankly I welcome him leaving. He's said publicly that he doesn't plan on making any changes to the staff. There is no excuse to employ Pep Hamilton and run this offense in 2018. This is a much different sport than it was even in 2011 or 2012.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:54 pm

People are already talking about Meyer going to Miami. LOL, not happening. He still has age on his side. Give it 3 or 4 years and if Brian Kelly starts a mini-downslide that he could dig himself out of if given enough time (like he has already done), they will use that as an excuse to fire him and grab Meyer. They'll get 6 or 7 years out of it, but it will be elite football.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Eric wrote:People are already talking about Meyer going to Miami. LOL, not happening. He still has age on his side. Give it 3 or 4 years and if Brian Kelly starts a mini-downslide that he could dig himself out of if given enough time (like he has already done), they will use that as an excuse to fire him and grab Meyer. They'll get 6 or 7 years out of it, but it will be elite football.

That would make sense to me...... if Brian Kelly has proven anything it’s that he’s not going to bring a National Title to South Bend.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:22 pm

I like Rick Trickett...we talked bikes at the local Harley shop. His black Street Glide was similar to my black Street Glide.

He was much more sociable than one might imagine...and funny...and a Marine.

I never talked to Clint...but he is probably football smart being a coach's son.

I think Trick daddy is relaxing through life now...

Return to “General Discussion”