Appears the Coach’s Guillotine........

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Appears the Coach’s Guillotine........

Postby Mountainman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:52 am

billybud wrote:Norvell...looks like...to FSU.

He's done a good job at Memphis

Indeed he has....... the ACC needs Florida State, and others, to get back into the National Picture.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:55 pm

SO ...

Rumor has been surfacing about Urban Meyer as a possible candidate for;
---- The Dallas Cowboys ----

Lots of Speculation about what is taking place in Miami.

What I can tell you; the board of trustees are, how should I put this ... less than pleased with Manny Diaz's management of the team, so far.

As it stands, now, there is no intent to remove Diaz as the Coach.
Word has it, they are very disappointed, and 6-6 is not good enough.
More than one person have expressed they are extremely displeased.
No one is impressed with Dan Enos' play calling on offense; However.
Diaz is being given 100% say, without pressure to choose his staff.
If Enos is staying, which seems to be, it'll all be on Diaz.
But; it's been said, another 6-6 season, then Manny's gone.

Also; there's some chatter about the dissatisfaction over the Bling. The famed jewelry [Turnover Chain/Touchdown] Rings are being considered an eye blight by some of the Trustees.

The preheat setting has been positioned.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:54 am

I think Diaz will be ok if he can hang long enough to change the culture.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 am

Mountainman wrote:Thought I would bump-up this old post...... looks like we’ll need.

No details yet, but I heard on WVU Talk Radio that Tom Herman is cleaning house at Texas and the Schino thing at Rutgers that has been on again and off again is back on again.

UPDATE:

Matt Luke, Head Coach Ole Miss, fired
Barry Odom, Head Coach Missouri, fired
Charlie Strong, Head Coach South Florida, fired
Steve Addazio Head Coach Boston College, fired
Frank Wilson Head Coach UTSA, fired
Todd Orlando Defensive Coordinator Texas, fired
Tim Beck Offensive Coordinator Texas, fired
Tony Sanchez Head Coach UNLV, fired November 22nd, but was allowed to coach the final 2 games of the season.... which the they won. :wink:

Forgot to mention Chad Morris Head Coach Arkansas, fired (btw, where’s Doss???)

I'm here. Sorry. Been a terrible football season (well 2 seasons). Arkansas worst seasons in it 140+ year history or whatever it is. Never had a 2 win season ever in it's history and it has happened in back to back seasons. Have watched very little college football for about 6 weeks.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:38 am

Dossenator wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Thought I would bump-up this old post...... looks like we’ll need.

No details yet, but I heard on WVU Talk Radio that Tom Herman is cleaning house at Texas and the Schino thing at Rutgers that has been on again and off again is back on again.

UPDATE:

Matt Luke, Head Coach Ole Miss, fired
Barry Odom, Head Coach Missouri, fired
Charlie Strong, Head Coach South Florida, fired
Steve Addazio Head Coach Boston College, fired
Frank Wilson Head Coach UTSA, fired
Todd Orlando Defensive Coordinator Texas, fired
Tim Beck Offensive Coordinator Texas, fired
Tony Sanchez Head Coach UNLV, fired November 22nd, but was allowed to coach the final 2 games of the season.... which the they won. :wink:

Forgot to mention Chad Morris Head Coach Arkansas, fired (btw, where’s Doss???)

I'm here. Sorry. Been a terrible football season (well 2 seasons). Arkansas worst seasons in it 140+ year history or whatever it is. Never had a 2 win season ever in it's history and it has happened in back to back seasons. Have watched very little college football for about 6 weeks.

Good to hear from you Doss...... I can feel your pain as I’ve had a dose of bad football myself this season. Missed seeing you on the ‘Picks’ and Fantasy Conference stuff..... anyway, maybe me, you Cane and Billybud can get a group discount at the Piss-Poor-Football-Post-Season-Recovery-Ward. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:47 am

At least a bowl game this year...sigh!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:30 pm

Mountainman wrote:Good to hear from you Doss...... I can feel your pain as I’ve had a dose of bad football myself this season. Missed seeing you on the ‘Picks’ and Fantasy Conference stuff..... anyway, maybe me, you Cane and Billybud can get a group discount at the Piss-Poor-Football-Post-Season-Recovery-Ward. :wink:

The irony you'd say that; as Doss, Billybud & yourself all have a shot @ winning the Fantasy Conference, where my consolation prize is that I get to keep score for you all.

At least you and Dossenator were smart enough not take West Va or Arkansas i your conferences ... whereas Billybud & I ... well, I guess there is something to the saying about Loyalty to a Fault.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Mizzou has hired Drinkwitz from App State. That is going to be a tough spot. They were put on sanctions and have a postseason ban for next season along with reduced recruiting and scholarship options for 3 yrs. They need to give him at plenty of time to turn this around. It will be interesting to see how things unfold the next few seasons.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Good to hear from you Doss...... I can feel your pain as I’ve had a dose of bad football myself this season. Missed seeing you on the ‘Picks’ and Fantasy Conference stuff..... anyway, maybe me, you Cane and Billybud can get a group discount at the Piss-Poor-Football-Post-Season-Recovery-Ward. :wink:

The irony you'd say that; as Doss, Billybud & yourself all have a shot @ winning the Fantasy Conference, where my consolation prize is that I get to keep score for you all.

At least you and Dossenator were smart enough not take West Va or Arkansas i your conferences ... whereas Billybud & I ... well, I guess there is something to the saying about Loyalty to a Fault.

:lol: That post made my day Cane. :lol: :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Well, I may not be guilty of “Loyalty to a Fault”, but my choice of Nebraska as a conference member indicates I have other issues that need attention. :roll:

.....and btw, if you and I and Billybud and Doss take that trip, will you pick all us up and drive us to the airport and take care of the luggage??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:48 am

You don't know how hard it was not to pick Arkansas with my last pick. I just could not do it. Crazy a few short years ago Arkansas was a top 5 team. Now they have won a combined 4 games the past 2 seasons and have not won an SEC game in over 2 seasons. They are setting records...not the kind you want to set. Arkansas had never won only 2 games in a season and then do it in back to back years. Arkansas is now the Vanderbilt and Kentucky of the SEC...actually worse than Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Things can only go up...right?
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:48 am

You don't know how hard it was not to pick Arkansas with my last pick. I just could not do it. Crazy a few short years ago Arkansas was a top 5 team. Now they have won a combined 4 games the past 2 seasons and have not won an SEC game in over 2 seasons. They are setting records...not the kind you want to set. Arkansas had never won only 2 games in a season and then do it in back to back years. Arkansas is now the Vanderbilt and Kentucky of the SEC...actually worse than Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Things can only go up...right?

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:06 am

South Carolina hires Mike Bobo as next Offensive Coordinator.
Auburn hires Chad Morris as next Offensive Coordinator.
FSU hires Kenny Dillingham as next Offensive Coordinator.

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Recently fired Former Head Coach of Ole Miss, Matt Luke; Hired as Georgia's new Offensive Line Coach/Associate Head Coach.

I've heard this is a popular move ... Derek, as an UGA guy, do you share that take..?

Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:28 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:_______________________________________________

Recently fired Former Head Coach of Ole Miss, Matt Luke; Hired as Georgia's new Offensive Line Coach/Associate Head Coach.

I've heard this is a popular move ... Derek, as an UGA guy, do you share that take..?

Don't know much about him. Neutral opinion for now. I'm more worried about the QB playing like he doesn't fear for his job, and the receivers dropping passes. :cry: :cry:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”