2020, Picks Week Eight --- Results

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

2020, Picks Week Eight --- Results

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:27 am

--- Game Winners ---

Saturday, October 24th

(1.) North Carolina = +27
(2.) Coastal Carolina = +14
(3.) Auburn = +7
(4.) Oklahoma = +19
(5.) Louisville = +22
(6.) Rutgers = +11
(7.) Notre Dame = +42
(8.) Oklahoma State = +3
(9.) Wake Forest = +7
(10.) Houston = +16
(11.) Texas = +11
(12.) Missouri = +10
(13.) Boise State = +29
(14.) Nevada = +3--- [OT]
(15.) Michigan = +25
(16.) Hawaii = +15
(17.) Northwestern = +40
(18.) UTSA = +1
(19.) Cincinnati = +29
(20.) San José State = +11

Participant Scores:

Dossenator = 11
Mountainman = 11
Spence = 10
Derek = 9
Cane = 9

Total Scores Up to Date:
(out of a possible 133)

Mountainman: 92 = 69.17%
Spence: 89 = 66.91%
Billybud: 75 = 66.37% {of 113}
Cane: 82 = 61.65%
Derek: 53 = 58.24% {of 91}
Dossenator: 30 = 55.55% {of 54}

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: 2020, Picks Week Eight --- Results

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Good Grief!!!!! I’m going to call Nancy Pelosi and asked how much money is in her relief package for us pickers....... :shock: :shock: :shock:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Mountainman wrote:Good Grief!!!!! I’m going to call Nancy Pelosi and asked how much money is in her relief package for us pickers....... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just insanity ...

We're picking at the same numbers; but with a lesser degree of success, because of no game postponements this week.

I feel like I need to get my head back into this thing.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:00 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Good Grief!!!!! I’m going to call Nancy Pelosi and asked how much money is in her relief package for us pickers....... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just insanity ...

We're picking at the same numbers; but with a lesser degree of success, because of no game postponements this week.

Yep, it’s a tough season for pickers...... with the Big10 and Out West football just getting started along with all the COVID precautions for practices and game preparations are impacting the games and thus the predictability of probable outcomes. 8)

It’s still fun to compete against one’s self and after the games are over and the scores are in to question your own pick and ask yourself, “just what the hell were you thinking???” :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:31 am

Mountainman wrote:

Just insanity ...

Yep, it’s a tough season for pickers...... with the Big10 and Out West football just getting started along with all the COVID precautions for practices and game preparations are impacting the games and thus the predictability of probable outcomes. 8)

It’s still fun to compete against one’s self and after the games are over and the scores are in to question your own pick and ask yourself, “just what the hell were you thinking???” :lol:

Yeah ...

When I came in to make my picks, I fully intended to pick Michigan over Minnesota. I thought it would be a 10 or 12 point game at best.

Then, when I was scrolling down, I saw Spence's pick, and thought ... he knows what he's talking about.

N.C. State, Ole Miss, TCU, Florida State, Wyoming, Fresno State and SMU were all teams I hesitated on.

I guess listed to the wrong voice in my head. He needs to shut up; he talks too loud. :lol:

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm

I just haven't paid the attention to CFB that I normally do. I did just finish my golf season so I have more time now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:15 pm

I typed mine out...must have made a old age posting error I reckon...out for the year...see ya later
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 pm

Mountainman wrote:

Just insanity ...

It’s still fun to compete against one’s self and after the games are over and the scores are in to question your own pick and ask yourself, “just what the hell were you thinking???”
:lol:

This is how I feel about the way This Year's Predictions are going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBOT-oWKJWU

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:55 pm

billybud wrote:I typed mine out...must have made a old age posting error I reckon...out for the year...see ya later

I think if you know what teams you picked you have been here long enough we can trust to give them to Cane to be entered. I am alright with that anyway.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:28 am

Spence wrote:
billybud wrote:I typed mine out...must have made a old age posting error I reckon...out for the year...see ya later

I think if you know what teams you picked you have been here long enough we can trust to give them to Cane to be entered. I am alright with that anyway.

I nearly posted that myself ... but wasn't sure how the rest of you would have felt about it.

I'd accept the picks if they made their way onto the page.

Cane... [__]

Return to “Picks”