The Boston Tea Party

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Boston Tea Party

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 am

You have to support the ideas when they float them and then hold their feet to the fire if they don't follow up. It probably is exactly what you described, but the fact that they are talking in those terms in public is a good thing.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 am

Spence wrote:You have to support the ideas when they float them and then hold their feet to the fire if they don't follow up. It probably is exactly what you described, but the fact that they are talking in those terms in public is a good thing.

Yes. You have to take doing the right thing and even just doing things better where they come along. (I just figure the stuff won't stick with these guys.) I can't believe we haven't gotten to a pay-as-you go by now anyway, ridiculous!

And they have to start counting these people who are still unemployed as just the way it is. I'd say most are clean-up from waste and others results from economic shifts. We can't keep paying for them to sit at home.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:31 am

We need more then pay as you go, we need payback and pay as you go. What is amazing to me about both parties in congress is that they have to know that the best way to protect their pet projects are to eliminate the interest payments on the debt. That is a huge amount of money.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:19 pm

If things keep up the way they have been going the last 5 (or 30 years even.) The dollar won't be worth much more than toilet paper.

More and more the money "we" owe looks to be an amount that can't be repaid...it would take much sacrifice to do so!

BTW, it is "tax" time again. I wonder how many "taxpayers" will be getting more back than they paid in? I think the oldest of my little brothers comes out about even. He makes about 75 and has 3 kids and his wife doesn't work. My sister will get back about 3 times what she paid in (4 kids, 3 dependent age, sub 20 per year, no mortgage, 2 child support payments.) Little brother will get probably just over double what he paid (3 kids, wife doesn't work, makes around 40.) My wife and I will basically be paying their taxes for them. But that is what we get for working an average of 120 or so hours per week (together), staying married, having a very low debt-to-income ratio, paying for our house, and all that other old fashioned crap!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”