Record Snoe in NW Arkansas

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Record Snoe in NW Arkansas

Postby Dossenator » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Well, on Wednesday, North West Arkansas received a record amount of snow. In a 12 hour period areas received anywhere from 18-26 inches. My mother-in-law and father-in-law received 25 inches. The previous record was 18 inches....50 years ago.

Wish I was there to experience the record. Stuck in sunny CA.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Record Snoe in NW Arkansas

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:37 pm

I like snow around the middle of December, by now though, I think it sucks.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:45 pm

I see you figured out I meant snow....not snoe (whatever that is).

Ya...NW Arkansas has had a few weeks of snow and they are tired of it. It has been beautiful in Southern CA (sunny in the mid 70's most days).
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Dossenator wrote:I see you figured out I meant snow....not snoe (whatever that is).

Ya...NW Arkansas has had a few weeks of snow and they are tired of it. It has been beautiful in Southern CA (sunny in the mid 70's most days).

The cool thing about California is you can have everything. If you want Ocean, you have it. You want desert, it's there. Snow, just go on a tram to the top of a mountain and boom, snow. We can't get away from it here.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 am

Spence wrote:
Dossenator wrote:I see you figured out I meant snow....not snoe (whatever that is).

The cool thing about California is you can have everything. If you want Ocean, you have it. You want desert, it's there. Snow, just go on a tram to the top of a mountain and boom, snow. We can't get away from it here.

And if you go up a few miles to Oregon and Washington...you get all of what you said without the California part.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:58 pm

donovan wrote:
Spence wrote:

And if you go up a few miles to Oregon and Washington...you get all of what you said without the California part.

I didn't know you could get the southen California part in Oregon or Washington. I've only been to California a handful of times. I'm not much for the LA area, but I liked San Diego and the Palm Springs - Palm Desert area.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:58 pm

donovan wrote:
Spence wrote:

I didn't know you could get the southen California part in Oregon or Washington. I've only been to California a handful of times. I'm not much for the LA area, but I liked San Diego and the Palm Springs - Palm Desert area.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Spence wrote:
donovan wrote:
Spence wrote:

My brother-in-law lives in Indio (by Palm Springs)....I bet you would not like living there in the summer. The temp for about 4 months out of the year is 110-115 during the day and around 100 at night for a low. It is absolutely miserable. They have two central air units....one for the living area and another for the bed rooms, etc. They can run both full blast and still not get the temp under about 85. Why anyone decided to build a town in the middle of the desert is beyond me. However, the remaining months are usually in the 70's....great for golf. You know in the middle of the day in the summer months some of the golf courses will let you golf for free...no one goes out when it is 115 to golf.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:29 pm

I was there in March, it was in the high seventies during the day. I didn't get a chance to play golf while I was there, but I did see the practice rounds of the ATP tournament that was around La Quinta. It was pretty cool, but I had to leave before the tournament actually started.

Return to “Off-Topic”