Moving back to Arkansas!!!!!

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Moving back to Arkansas!!!!!

Postby Dossenator » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Well, this July I am moving back to Arkansas (after spending the past 7 years in California). I can't wait to get back close to family, and to watch Razorback sports in person.

This is an exciting time for Razorback sports: football team will be better than ever, basketball team should be good (excited about the Mike Anderson hire), and baseball has been very good for several years.

:D
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Moving back to Arkansas!!!!!

Postby Spence » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Dossenator wrote:Well, this July I am moving back to Arkansas (after spending the past 7 years in California). I can't wait to get back close to family, and to watch Razorback sports in person.

This is an exciting time for Razorback sports: football team will be better than ever, basketball team should be good (excited about the Mike Anderson hire), and baseball has been very good for several years.

:D

Glad to here you can go back where you want to be Doss. Congrats
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:30 am

Always good to go home.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Congrats Doss!! I know your glad to get out of Cali 8)

It's funny that your moving home...and I might be moving away from home for a while. And since it's temporary, I'm hoping to do it.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks guys. Derek...where you headed to potentially?
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Dossenator wrote:Thanks guys. Derek...where you headed to potentially?

Toulose, France..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

how's that for moving?? I'm so stoked that they thought enough of me to ask if I would do it, and it's a beautiful part of France that is not rude and dirty like Paris. I'd be working as a McAfee engineer with different companies, mostly Airbus, at least that's what I've been told.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Derek wrote:
Dossenator wrote:Thanks guys. Derek...where you headed to potentially?

Toulose, France..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

how's that for moving?? I'm so stoked that they thought enough of me to ask if I would do it, and it's a beautiful part of France that is not rude and dirty like Paris. I'd be working as a McAfee engineer with different companies, mostly Airbus, at least that's what I've been told.

Wow...that is a move! I have been 1,500 miles from home but at least I was in the same country. Good luck with the trip. I am sure to catch college football you will have to watch a lot of games online....ESPN3, SEC Digital Network, etc.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Good news Doss...where in Arkansas is home?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:18 pm

billybud wrote:Good news Doss...where in Arkansas is home?

North West corner of the state. I was born and raised in Bentonville (famous for being the home of Wal-Mart), and I of course went to the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville (lived there after college as well). We have not settled on what town we will live in but it will be in the Northwest part of the state (Benton or Washington County).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Motorcycle country...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:24 pm

billybud wrote:Motorcycle country...

Definitely! They have a huge festival in Fayetteville every year called "Bikes, Blues, and BBQ". It draws tons of bikers from all over the country. I would think it is one of the largest bike rallies out there. Also a popular destination is Eureka Springs in the North West part of the state. Once a popular hang out for Hollywood celebs and Chicago Gangsters....and known for it's scenic roads through the beautiful Ozarks (tons of bikers make it to this little town every year). Some people describe Eureka Springs as a land locked San Fransisco in the woods (the people that call this place home are a little bit strange).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 am

I have been through Hot Springs, Eureka Springs, Mountain Home, Mountain View, etc...great roads for us bikers.

It was on our "Pilgrimage to Kingsland Tour" (We name all of our tours). Johnny Cash was born in Kingsland. The Mountain View to Melbourne run is a great road.

We took a big circle coming out of Hot Springs into the NW and then back out to Memphis and home.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:07 pm

I am now living in NW Arkansas. I stood outside Razorback Stadium for a good 10 minutes today taking in the beautiful view of the stadium. And in the process almost melted...over 100 and crazy humidity. But I am sure glad to be back home, and I can't wait for that first college football game. :D

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Glad you made it back home Doss.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Great news Doss I know how you have wanted this. And I know...I think of going back home all of the time. I last lived in WV in 2000, 11 years gone. But the only move for me right now is the wife working in Dallas and her trying to get down this way on the weekends. But it gave me the chance to quit and explore other opportunities, perhaps contracting, and thus allowing me to float between SA and Big D.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”