NBA Playoffs

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

NBA Playoffs

Postby WoVeU » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Probably my second favorite time of year. And me thinks my Lakers have the stuff to get it done. Talent all over the place. And Cleveland looks awful good, probably my second favorite team. So I think I'll enjoy these playoffs a great deal or be severely disappointed!

If I get real lucky, the Spurs will lose in the first round. Or perhaps make it though to take an incredible beat down sweep from the Lakers! :D
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Re: NBA Playoffs

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:25 pm

I'm all for the NHL playoffs. FWIW, I'll say Lakers/Magic and Blackhawks/Bruins.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:43 am

For the first time in a while I will be really interested in how the Eas plays out in hoops. With Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando we should get quite a how in the Eastern Conference Finals! Kevin Garnett's health, Lebron James' composure, and Dwight Howard's endurance would seem to greatly determine how it all plays out. But in a 3 team race the Semi-Finals will be where the rubber meets the road. The 1 seed should have a much more inferior opponent. This often means the Finals has 1 team coming in more rested and another coming in more tested! And that sometimes leads to a series for the ages!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:19 pm

The Lakers are the real deal this year. They are a complete team. When they are on their game no one in the league can beat them in a series. I also like to follow Derick Fisher (he is from Arkansas)...seems like a good guy and an underated point guard in my opinion.

I think a Lakers/Cavs finals would make for some good tv....Kobe vs Lebron. However, if I am not mistaken, the Lakers swept the Cavs in the regular season this year....I believe the Lakers also swept the Celtics in the regular season as well.

To be honest I do not pay much attention to the NBA until the playoffs. I do like the playoffs though.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Dossenator wrote:The Lakers are the real deal this year. They are a complete team. When they are on their game no one in the league can beat them in a series. I also like to follow Derick Fisher (he is from Arkansas)...seems like a good guy and an underated point guard in my opinion.

I think a Lakers/Cavs finals would make for some good tv....Kobe vs Lebron. However, if I am not mistaken, the Lakers swept the Cavs in the regular season this year....I believe the Lakers also swept the Celtics in the regular season as well.

To be honest I do not pay much attention to the NBA until the playoffs. I do like the playoffs though.

Fish is way under-rated! He brings a lot to the game! He really helps get the team into the offense and stay in it besides his playing abilities.

I am largely a playoff guy...the NBA season is so long!
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”