Oregon Wide Receiver Suspended

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Oregon Wide Receiver Suspended

Postby donovan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:11 pm

Darren Carrington was suspended from the team and is not playing in the NC game. He is a premier wide receiver for them. Big loss. Failed a drug test....great football player...not too bright...it's college...bright should be a requirement.....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Oregon Wide Receiver Suspended

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:06 pm

I agree. Noah Spence, Ohio State's best defensive lineman got kicked of the team in preseason for the same reason. He burned his second chance and was declared ineligible. Too bad the kid blew his chance to play in the 1st NCG. Seems like every year someone screws up right before the game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:17 am

I don't see how risking that would be worth it. You've basically made yourself into a pariah among your team. That's a big letdown to the guys that you worked with all year to get to this point. I hope it was worth it for him :roll:

That being said, Oregon has some other guys who can play at WR too. Mariota finds different guys every week to throw the ball too, although I think Devon Allen is out for the game after he hurt himself on the opening kickoff last week.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:22 pm

I'm baffled by this. Biggest game this kid will likely every play in and he wanted to go get high with friends on his break. There's just too much to lose and almost nothing to gain from it. I'd agree with Eric tho, if Oregon loses it wont be because of this. He's been a key part no doubt but the o-line will be the difference maker. I thought I heard there was an injury there too. Will find out in a couple hours how it looks and who will be ready.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 pm

highfly24 wrote:I'm baffled by this. Biggest game this kid will likely every play in and he wanted to go get high with friends on his break. There's just too much to lose and almost nothing to gain from it. I'd agree with Eric tho, if Oregon loses it wont be because of this. He's been a key part no doubt but the o-line will be the difference maker. I thought I heard there was an injury there too. Will find out in a couple hours how it looks and who will be ready.

It won't be because of this, but it is just a selfish thing to do. You are part of a team you need to put the team first. As a coach, that is what you preach. Some kids don't understand.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”