Mark Richt

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Mark Richt

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Sorry, I've been so absent. I had to take a break. I blame Richt.

What a season this has been. I've not watched the last 4 games, even though 3 of them were wins.

I love the man, and will literally shed a tear when he leaves, but it's time for him to go. :cry:

I've had enough of the disappointing seasons that come down to execution, and occasional injury.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Mark Richt

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:24 am

The Hokies might take him. Just sayin'.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:54 pm

I like Richt, but I am with Derek - Georgia has to move on.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Not trying to step on any toes, and you guys have been watching the sport way longer than me. I remember a few years back that Nebraska thought that Solich needed to go too. We saw how that turned out. I am not saying that Richt is the greatest coach ever or the worst coach ever. I would just hate for the Bulldogs to travel down that same path the Huskers did.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:12 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Not trying to step on any toes, and you guys have been watching the sport way longer than me. I remember a few years back that Nebraska thought that Solich needed to go too. We saw how that turned out. I am not saying that Richt is the greatest coach ever or the worst coach ever. I would just hate for the Bulldogs to travel down that same path the Huskers did.

Your point is valid, but this is the age of instant gratification not being instant enough. It has corrupted our society in every societal way possible. Football get no exemption.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:19 pm

I am right there with you on that, but put a coach in at Athens, GA that goes a few seasons with 6-6, 7-5, 8-4, and 5-7 records, and a another new coaching change won't be instant enough.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:32 pm

When you are 5-11 against your primary rival (Georgia against Florida since 2000)...eventually the hard core fans will want a change.

The legendary Bowden made the mistake of losing six in a row to the Gators....Muschamp made the mistake of going 1-4 against the Noles.

Even Harbaugh won't be safe if Michigan loses to Ohio State five times in a row,
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Sorry, no Richt in Blacksburg either pls.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Or Coral Gables ... [his name has come up more than `Canes fans are comfortable with]

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Or Coral Gables ... [his name has come up more than `Canes fans are comfortable with]

Don't worry, I don't think he's going anywhere.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Derek wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:Or Coral Gables ... [his name has come up more than `Canes fans are comfortable with]

Don't worry, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Well....An overtime win against a team like Georgia Southern might prove me wrong.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:05 pm

I had a feeling that was going to be a competitive game. I don't want to cheer against the SEC necessarily, but the media fawning over the last decade has made me do it every time. "Cupcake Saturday" as its referred to always gives us some late-season upset possibilities. I was going hard for Florida Atlantic and Georgia Southern, but I think they choked. Hated the call for GSU on 4th and 1. Why empty the backfield and do a direct snap to the RB? Everyone knows where the ball is going and where he's going to run with it. I know you only needed a yard, but at least with the option if the primary ball carrier gets blown up you have a chance to get rid of it. GSU should have stuck with what they were good at. FAU just flat-out choked. Two guys missed a tackle in open space and then they couldn't get their hands wrapped around the football four times on first and goal from the 10.

At least The Citadel got it done :lol: . I don't care how efficiently The Citadel runs the option or how reeling you are from the resigning of your coach, if you were recruited to play in the SEC, you cannot lose to an FCS military academy. Which leads me to my next point, why is a team like Eastern Michigan not running the triple option? If all you need are FCS military academy quality athletes to beat an SEC team, what are you doing? Eastern Michigan is much more athletic than The Citadel, yet they try to run a conventional spread offense and they can't even beat Miami of Ohio. Like come on, what are you waiting for. I mean this is literally inexcusable. The Citadel even put up a fight against Florida State a couple of years ago. Even though it wasn't totally close, those two teams don't belong on the same field when it comes to athleticism and size, yet the option game can neutralize that to a great degree (although cut blocking is a safety issue that these teams have to be careful with).
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”