Who wins BCSNC next year...2013

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Re: Who wins BCSNC next year...2013

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:28 pm

billybud wrote:LOL...do not be sorry Eric..

Even us Nole fans temper our hopes and expectations.

FSU next year will have a very good defense...FSU lost three games this year that Manuel didn't start due to injury...and all four losses were by only 20 points total. Manuel will have shoulder surgery now that the season is closed. The lousy officiating directly contributed to two of the losses.

I think that if the O line stays healthy FSU will win 10...The injuries were horrendous, especially on the offensive line. I mean, who has heard of having to jam in four true freshmen at O line for the Bowl game? Those boys grew up by the end of the second quarter. They will be better next year.

FSU will go as the O line goes...they are still thin and young.

But, saying that, FSU has the talent to give all but a handful of teams real problems on a neutral field.

Yep, you seem to have some tame expectations for FSU from year to year, at least in relation to the national media. I was impressed with how they handled the offensive line situation in the bowl game, so that bodes well for them next season.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Florida State almost always has the talent to win if they can pull things together.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Beeno Cook made his early pick for next years BCSNC game: Arkansas vs USC Trojans.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Georgia will win nothing with Mike Bobo as the OC...and Aaron Murray as the QB.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Good to hear from you, Rolltide!

I am excited for the Bama game next season. If Michigan competes, it'll either because it's the first game of the year or that Michigan was playing over their heads. I think they will be jacked up for the start of the game and overachieve to keep it close by the half, but a couple Denard turnovers should seal the deal. He can't pass his way out of a paper bag, so there is no hope for him to be able to read and react to Alabama's secondary even if they have three new starters.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 am

I think Ohio St. will come out guns blazing. People underestimate the power of a charismatic leader but passion is not lost on the young. I think OSU will come out believing and come out firing. It won't hurt that they have a proven field general.

I would think Clemson would be the odds on favorite to win the ACC at this juncture. VT will give them a run but we lost David Wilson RB, Jayron Hoseley CB, four of five linemen and our two best receivers in Boykin and Coale. We have some good receivers that can step up but all we have for running back at present is Oglesby who has mainly been short yardage power runner. The line is going to be more of an issue this year. Logan Thomas better be practicing his scrambling drills. The defense even losing Hosely may be the shining point but Foster's system requires great instinct and high football IQ.

I'm thinking USC and Alabama/LSU again. Would not be surprised by an Arkansas or S.C.

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:53 pm

The real question is: who will be the biggest surprise?
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Grayghost » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Well, it wont be Cal. I had some hopes considering the potential of the recruiting class...but when the recruiter left, so did most of the top recruits.

As for Cal beating Stanford? Don't know. Yeah, Stanford lost Luck, but I don't really see Stanford slipping that much. They will not be what they have been the last 3 years, but they won't fall that far.

As for BCS, unfortunately, I can see USC making it there, which to me is a shame only because there coach is a complete turd. I guess I shouldn't hold that against the players, but it's USC for christ's sake...I'm am contractually bound to root against them in every endeavour. The other team? Somebody from the SEC I'm sure.
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

Return to “General Discussion”