i think i am a traitor.

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

i think i am a traitor.

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:42 pm

i am a woman.....but i don't think women should call football games.

i can't even watch the minn/ purdue game because i want to strangle that idiot womman espn has on there.

i'm all for equal rights and i have been subject to sexism in the workplace and had to sit back and watch men, who were not as qualified and experienced get a higher salary than me just because they had a weener and i didn't but this is ridiculous.
i just don't think anybody who has never played football or taken a hit should be runnin their yap on national tv about what's going on down there. unless you've been there and been able to get into the minds of the players around you, you don't REALLY know enough to be analyzing anything.

i also feel the same way about male announcers, who, the closest they ever got to a football was in the stand while they were tootin a horn in the band........so maybe i'm not a total traitor :?

ok i'm done, if nothing else, maybe this will bring a few more females out of the woodwork who want to yell at me :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:57 pm

I don't mind women calling games. I just don't think Pam Ward is very good. There are a lot of play by play guys who never played ball. Some of them are very good. When the play by play guys start the situational "how it feels" stuff is where the over step, they don't know how it feels. That stuff should be left to the color guys.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:41 pm

maybe they were better at faking it :lol: even if the farthest they got in their football playin career was peewee, they at least have a grasp as to what it's like.

my games' on, gotta go!

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:18 pm

I personally dont like women calling games, I only like watching Suzy Kolber because she's so attractive. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:07 pm

Women shouldn't call a man's sport and men shouldn't call a women's sport. I don't think that's sexist, but it's just corny. ESPN just needed a woman to do football, so they went for Pam Ward.

It bugs the heck out of me!! And, Gottfried should not be paired up with her.

Oh, and Spence, good call on the Purdue game :wink:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:50 pm

Pam Ward did the Iowa game vs Iowa St last week and I turned the sound off, as I cannot stand her mistakes and the fact that she sounds like a 12 year old boy.

My guess is that ESPN is simply trying to fill out diversification requirements. The only way they would be filling any more minorities, would be if she was black.

Bama girl, love your comment and thank the Tide for the gift today in Fayetteville.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 pm

that woman is the most annoying.
i agree with eric though, men shouldn't call women's sports either.

i just saw a woman reporting on the side line's of the florida game that actually sounds like she know's what she's talkin about, and is not the least bit annoying....but they've got her all floosied up like the diva of the trailer park! :roll:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:32 am

CAT FIGHT .... CAT FIGHT ........ MMMEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW. STAND BACK GUYS, THE FUR'S ABOUT TO FLY!!!!!! :lol: :D :lol:

At least you gals don't have to put up with Mark May. :shock:

Did you happen to hear him last night during the Southern Mississippi and UCF game ..... trying to be the replay official(even though Lou Holtz was cautioning him about it) and then trying to show off by describing a stunt run by the Southern Miss. defense and how UCF should have blocked it while over-talking Lou .............. :roll:

Sounded to me like ole Mark was trying to recover his own fumble ...... :wink:

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:40 am

That guy is such a moron :roll:

Isn't this the same guy that was telling Lou Holtz how things really work in the coaching business? :roll:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Women Fake a lot of Things.

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:53 am

It certainly is all right you do not like women announcers, but your reasoning is less than convincing. Sports is entertainment...nothing more. If a woman can be entertaining as an announcer, good for her. The problem in announcers in general is they take the game way too serioulsy. It is a game...it is for entertainment. They make up stuff...they call plays and moves they just make up as they go along....think they got that from Professional Wrestling.

What ever happened to The Fabulous Sports Babe? Speaking of women...sort of.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Women Fake a lot of Things.

Postby RazorHawk » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:31 pm

donovan wrote:It certainly is all right you do not like women announcers, but your reasoning is less than convincing. Sports is entertainment...nothing more. If a woman can be entertaining as an announcer, good for her. The problem in announcers in general is they take the game way too serioulsy. It is a game...it is for entertainment. They make up stuff...they call plays and moves they just make up as they go along....think they got that from Professional Wrestling.

What ever happened to The Fabulous Sports Babe? Speaking of women...sort of.
I loved the Fabulous Sports Babe... Nancy somethingorother. Sort of disappointed when I saw her on TV though. Pam Ward does not fit in that category. She does not have a good knowledge of the game and can only be in her position to satisfy minority qualifications for ESPN.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Return to “General Discussion”