WVU @ Texas...just got our tickets!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

WVU @ Texas...just got our tickets!

Postby WoVeU » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:17 pm

It was a great experience last time...hoping for another one.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: WVU @ Texas...just got our tickets!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:11 am

Hi-Flippin'-Five!

Sounds like a good trip. Hope you enjoy yourself ... and remember, Texas BBQ is Beef!

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:39 am

It didn't finish the way I would have liked, but yeah, that was one of the most exciting games I've watched!

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:25 pm

it is difficult to figure out which WVU you'll play.

Last year, WVU got waxed by a really mediocre Maryland (0-37) and, the next week beat Ok. State.

From watching the Bama game, it looks like the Mountaineer defense is better than last last year and Trickett can hit some guys if the O line can give him time.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

strawman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby strawman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Congrats, we went to the TT vs Texas game on Thanksgiving last year and had a blast. Try to get by La Barbecue and get some brisket or a beef rib. Lines are shorter than Franklins and the brisket is just a good or better.

Have fun!
The Coach K Slam - Olympic Champion, World Champion, NCAA Champion, ACC Champion

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Note my location guys...I have been down here for years. And you ain't kidding, people ask me if I want BBQ down here...I say He!! yeah!.....but all you have is smoked meat! Lol! :lol: (They get rather offended...and I love it.)

strawman wrote:Congrats, we went to the TT vs Texas game on Thanksgiving last year and had a blast. Try to get by La Barbecue and get some brisket or a beef rib. Lines are shorter than Franklins and the brisket is just a good or better.

Have fun!

I don't like cities at all and that definitely applies to Austin! If I have to go there I am in and out as fast as possible. The only thing I will get in line for in Austin is Starbucks, one thing those libs can make is a fine cup of coffee! *Oh, shout out to Jacksonville, Fla had to be the easiest large city I have ever navigated.

Yeofoot wrote:It didn't finish the way I would have liked, but yeah, that was one of the most exciting games I've watched!

Twas exciting!

billybud wrote:it is difficult to figure out which WVU you'll play.

Last year, WVU got waxed by a really mediocre Maryland (0-37) and, the next week beat Ok. State.

From watching the Bama game, it looks like the Mountaineer defense is better than last last year and Trickett can hit some guys if the O line can give him time.

Last year was the most erratic cardiac kid case I have ever laid eyes on...took years off of my life! It was ridiculous!
The one stand out for me last week was that the O-line blocked very well...against Alabama...I had to keep pinching myself. I can't remember the last time I watched them and thought, throw more, throw a lot more?!?!?!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

warrriorsfan808
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Location: Live In: Honolulu, Hi Born In: New Braunfels, Texas

Postby warrriorsfan808 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:19 am

Aloha WoVeU and GoBoilers! I just took an on-line tour of my home town, and I got lost!!!! New Braunfels was a little over 19,000 when I graduated NBHS in 1983. Now I'm looking at 60,761 people, 5 High Schools when there were 2, but at least my 2 most popular landmarks are still there (the 2 rivers)! WoVeU have fun in Austin, my Dad's school is there (t.u.). For some reason I grew up weird and have always been an AGGIE FAN, you can guess what Thanksgiving was like! Another story one of my football coaches was Tim Kingsbury ( Middle School/High School) my freshman year Coach Kingsbury and his wife had a son Kliff it was awesome when I learned he was coaching at A&M, then became the Head Coach at Texas Tech! It's wild to watch the world grow up around you! Thanks for keeping an eye on my home town and remember-- IN NEW BRAUNFELS... Ist Das Leben Schon (The Living Is Good)!

GO UNICORNS!!!, GO AGGIES!!!!!

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 am

WoVeU wrote:Note my location guys...I have been down here for years. And you ain't kidding, people ask me if I want BBQ down here...I say He!! yeah!.....but all you have is smoked meat! Lol! :lol: (They get rather offended...and I love it.)

:lol:

Sorry about that ... there've been plenty of `Eers fans associating themselves with bunch for so long now, I guess I just supposed all you hillbillies were located on the same side of the Mount ...

:lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

strawman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby strawman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Doh - totally missed your location. Have fun and enjoy the coffee - lol.
The Coach K Slam - Olympic Champion, World Champion, NCAA Champion, ACC Champion

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:12 pm

warrriorsfan808 wrote:Aloha WoVeU and GoBoilers! I just took an on-line tour of my home town, and I got lost!!!! New Braunfels was a little over 19,000 when I graduated NBHS in 1983. Now I'm looking at 60,761 people, 5 High Schools when there were 2, but at least my 2 most popular landmarks are still there (the 2 rivers)! WoVeU have fun in Austin, my Dad's school is there (t.u.). For some reason I grew up weird and have always been an AGGIE FAN, you can guess what Thanksgiving was like! Another story one of my football coaches was Tim Kingsbury ( Middle School/High School) my freshman year Coach Kingsbury and his wife had a son Kliff it was awesome when I learned he was coaching at A&M, then became the Head Coach at Texas Tech! It's wild to watch the world grow up around you! Thanks for keeping an eye on my home town and remember-- IN NEW BRAUNFELS... Ist Das Leben Schon (The Living Is Good)!

Quite the overlapping circles there! My location isn't exactly accurate...I actually live in New B now (Schertz before)! New B and San Marcos are really growing...it won't be long till there are no cows between SA and Austin. (Schertz & Kyle are growing too. Heck, another 8 years and it will be the Dallas-Ft.Worth-Austin-San Antonio metro!)

Cane & Strawman... :lol: I generally don't pay attention to the locations either.
R. Reagan

warrriorsfan808
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Location: Live In: Honolulu, Hi Born In: New Braunfels, Texas

Postby warrriorsfan808 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:36 am

WoVeU wrote:
warrriorsfan808 wrote:Aloha WoVeU and GoBoilers! I just took an on-line tour of my home town, and I got lost!!!! New Braunfels was a little over 19,000 when I graduated NBHS in 1983. Now I'm looking at 60,761 people, 5 High Schools when there were 2, but at least my 2 most popular landmarks are still there (the 2 rivers)! WoVeU have fun in Austin, my Dad's school is there (t.u.). For some reason I grew up weird and have always been an AGGIE FAN, you can guess what Thanksgiving was like! Another story one of my football coaches was Tim Kingsbury ( Middle School/High School) my freshman year Coach Kingsbury and his wife had a son Kliff it was awesome when I learned he was coaching at A&M, then became the Head Coach at Texas Tech! It's wild to watch the world grow up around you! Thanks for keeping an eye on my home town and remember-- IN NEW BRAUNFELS... Ist Das Leben Schon (The Living Is Good)!

Quite the overlapping circles there! My location isn't exactly accurate...I actually live in New B now (Schertz before)! New B and San Marcos are really growing...it won't be long till there are no cows between SA and Austin. (Schertz & Kyle are growing too. Heck, another 8 years and it will be the Dallas-Ft.Worth-Austin-San Antonio metro!)

Cane & Strawman... :lol: I generally don't pay attention to the locations either.

As long as the rivers don't dry up I'll always have a place to fish and run the rapids!

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Oh that's right...ya'll call those rivers down here! :wink:
R. Reagan

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Really looking forward to this one. I really liked 'hating' WVU in the Big East. Sorry when you left. I think this season Charile Strong is going to suffer the "leaving Louisville" curse where when a coach gets a better job he flunks out.

Swamp Daddy :wink:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 pm

We will see if Texas has any potential this season against UCLA. I think UCLA is over-rated but Texas has such strife right now if they can hang with in 10 I will say they have some hope.

And I will see if WVU has something this weekend against Maryland.

*Never could really hate the Cards...I always pulled for them over the years before going to the Big East (and CIncy) unless they were playing WVU or Mashall.
R. Reagan

Return to “General Discussion”