VETERANS DAY

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
warrriorsfan808
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Location: Live In: Honolulu, Hi Born In: New Braunfels, Texas

VETERANS DAY

Postby warrriorsfan808 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 pm

To everyone out there that has served-- HAPPY VETERANS DAY!! To those who were Marines or have family members who are or were Marines
Happy Birthday and Semper Fi!!!!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: VETERANS DAY

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:24 am

That goes for me too. Thanks to my Dad, brother, and everyone else for keeping us free.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:49 am

Yes, it is a privilege to live in the US, and all of our Vets help to keep this land our sovereignty.

I solute you!

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:36 am

Semper Fi.....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:17 pm

I was telling some grandchildren this week about their Great Grandparents, on both sides who had jobs during WWII where they were frozen. Civilian jobs that contributed to the war effort in the United States. They couldn't quit and had to go where they were sent. That is how we ended up on the West Coast. When the war was over, my folks just stayed and started their own business. Same happened to my in-laws. In those days many served in many different ways. I thank you and them, all.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Donovan...you are so right.

While I think of my heroes on Veteran's Day...like my homeboy and mentor who went down in a last stand as his 8 man team was over run on a ridge line...There are so many others who served, in all kinds of ways. The nurses and docs. I have never let a combat assigned Corpsman buy a drink when I am around.

I think of my brother now on Veteran's Day. He did not prosper after his stint in the Corps...he suffered and became a mental casualty and committed suicide. But he served and gave his all. It has taken me decadess to come to that conclusion.

I now look at homeless vets with their mental and addiction issues in a different way.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Thank you for sharing, Mr. Billybud.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:22 am

Thank You to all those who have or are serving! I hear everyone talking of all the things they are thankful for this month. It is never a bad time to take a moment and show the appreciation and how thankful we are for the sacrifices made by so many. I'm proud to have served in the Army. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”