Louisville vs. WV predtions

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Who will win this important game and remain unbeaten?

Louisville
46%
West Virginia
54%

Total votes: 13

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:50 am

I'm a Louisville fan, except for tonight. :wink:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Yep, things are heating up between these two. :wink: Good Stuff.

I see where our gals got the Cardinal ladies on the soccer field a couple of days ago, but then the Cardinal gals kicked butt in field hockey. 8)

It is a big game for both teams. It's even bigger considering Oregon State knocked off Southern Cal and opened the door for the winner to have a better opportunity to reach the National Title Game.

By the way, sorry about Michael Bush, hope he recovers. Truth is we wish he were there too ..... injuries are a part of the game, but you really want everybody to be at their best. As you say though, the Cardinals are a load without him.
Last edited by mountainman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:28 pm

I've been losing my confidence that I had really early on when I thought West Virginia would roll.

I'm picking West Virginia, but just in case, I'm taking Louisville in the Picks. I'm just too scared :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Louisville

Postby BYUfan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:44 pm

I had Louisville playing Cal in the national championship game before the season started, so I am sticking with Louisville. The Cards have to make WVU pass the ball. Louisville has to play better than they have been. The rust should be off of Brohm by now.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

wvjohn
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby wvjohn » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:04 pm

WVU shouldn't show up for this game b/c Mountaineers can't pass the ball to here everyone talk and they have already lost the game.

Talk about the Mountaineers haven't faced a defence like this all season,
well the way I look at it Louisville hasn't faced an offense like this one.

Well, I'm not going too say anything else. We will see after the game , just how every experts and espn crew will fair.

That's the most I typed on her ever.

WVU 45

UL 24
Big 12

FEAR NONE RESPECT ALL

IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A MOUNTAINEER WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:08 pm

Eric wrote:I've been losing my confidence that I had really early on when I thought West Virginia would roll.

I'm picking West Virginia, but just in case, I'm taking Louisville in the Picks. I'm just too scared :lol:

Well, dag-gummit Eric, I wish you would just tell us who you think is going to win the dag-gum game so the rest of us could pick the other team and get at least one pick right this week. :lol: :D :lol:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:09 pm

I don't care for either, but I'm going to have to go with the couch burners. *gags*

G'luck MM =]

It's a great game for a VT fan... the two teams that Vick offended the most are now facing each other. I don't have to pick one team over the other because of guilt!

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:11 pm

WVU wrote:WVU shouldn't show up for this game b/c Mountaineers can't pass the ball to here everyone talk and they have already lost the game.

Talk about the Mountaineers haven't faced a defence like this all season,
well the way I look at it Louisville hasn't faced an offense like this one.

Well, I'm not going too say anything else. We will see after the game , just how every experts and espn crew will fair.

That's the most I typed on her ever.

WVU 45

UL 24

Whatsthematta' there WVU????????

Getting a little anxious? :wink:

Me too. :lol: :D :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:20 pm

openSkies wrote:I don't care for either, but I'm going to have to go with the couch burners. *gags*

G'luck MM =]!

Couch Burners ............. why there won't be a divan, lounge, settee, or sofa left in Morgantown if the Mountaineers win this game, much less a couch. :lol: :D :lol:

Thanks for the good luck wishes, Matt. 8)

wvjohn
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby wvjohn » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:22 pm

Oh yea, I got the fever.

WVU has never got the respect from no one, maybe that will change after tonight.
Big 12

FEAR NONE RESPECT ALL

IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A MOUNTAINEER WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:44 pm

I have West Virginia 31 Louisville 24. I think with Bush it would be closer. I still think that all you have to do is stop the run to beat WVU. Problem is everyone has known this all season, no one has been able to do it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:33 pm

The most annoying thing about the pundits (a.k.a., Pete Fiutak) says if West Virginia was in a "tougher" conference their one-dimensional offense wouldn't cut it. I say that's a load of mularkey. They're averaging over 300 yards of offense on the ground. A good run defense like Louisville, even if they slice that down to 200, would still get ran over.

Nobody can match West Virginia on offense; Louisville will have to outscore them. If West Virginia doesn't score 30 points, I think it's likely that they beat themselves tonight.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:00 pm

RaliLlama wrote: I predict that I may be completely bonkers by the time the game starts.
:lol: :lol: Don't go crazy, enjoy it. It isn't often a team gets in position to control their own destiny in CFB. Enjoy every second of every game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

CFP Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CFP Admin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:55 pm

I've been looking forward to this game as a fan of college football. I find it interesting that so many believe WVU will prevail AT Louisville where the Cards have been dominant with 15 straight home wins. Given that stat alone, I would have thought that the pundits would be overhwelmingly going with Louisville. For that reason, I have to personally pick the Cards.

Enjoy the game!

Return to “General Discussion”