I Wonder Want The Going Rate For……..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

I Wonder Want The Going Rate For……..

Postby Mountainman » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:34 pm

…….a Left Tackle is going to be???? 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... pensation/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I Wonder Want The Going Rate For……..

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:26 pm

Lawyers using the race card for financial gain does nothing to further the cause of the black race in America.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:20 am

Spence wrote:Lawyers using the race card for financial gain does nothing to further the cause of the black race in America.

One could substitute politicians for lawyers and political for financial and both statements would be true.

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:08 pm

Yes, I agree.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:29 am

To my point about politicians and political gain……. 8)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/03/31/c ... estigation

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:55 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:Lawyers using the race card for financial gain does nothing to further the cause of the black race in America.

One could substitute politicians for lawyers and political for financial and both statements would be true.

You could also use politicians for lawyers while keeping financial gain; and it would still be true.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:43 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

You could also use politicians for lawyers while keeping financial gain; and it would still be true.

There’s an Algebraic Expression in there somewhere……… 8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:57 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

It can be hard to think outside the box, when the brain doing the thinking is the box, itself.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

It can be hard to think outside the box, when the brain doing the thinking is the box, itself.

Trouble is, boxes come in many shapes and sizes, and are usually built by those who intend them to be used by someone other than themselves…… 8)

https://i0.wp.com/casketsbydesign.com/n ... C768&ssl=1

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:44 am

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Trouble is, boxes come in many shapes and sizes, and are usually built by those who intend them to be used by someone other than themselves…… 8)

https://i0.wp.com/casketsbydesign.com/n ... C768&ssl=1 .

This would have been even more fantastic if the initials NCAA were inside the pine box. :lol:

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”