39 Touchdown Passes / 50 Touchdowns Total ... Out!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

39 Touchdown Passes / 50 Touchdowns Total ... Out!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:34 am

---------------------------------------------------------------

Major blow to Wake Forest ahead of the 2022 season ...

Starting Quarterback, Sam Hartman, is out indefinitely following a medical evaluation cited as: "A non-COVID related, non-football related medical condition."

He was evaluated, and had surgical treatment for said unnamed condition. And though he was seen at practice all day, he was observing in street clothes.

Dave Clawson said Hartman will be out indefinitely, stating: "Sam's going to be back. We just don't know when. We don't know what the timeline is."

Wake Forest has a competent enough running game. However, Hartman has been the lifeblood for the team. I do not have any idea for the level of skill & talent Wake has at QB depth. But, I also haven't heard anything remotely suggesting QB analysis & comparison with regards to the starting job.

If anything, Hartman was Wake's, Ohio State fashioned "The", as far as reasons to be excited about the upcoming football season, for Deacons fans. His play has undoubtedly been at the top of the ACC, and quite possibly in the top 10 of players at the position, in the country.

Without him, they may very well look like the Wake Forest we all became familiar with, waiting on Basketball to start.

Although Clawson had said he'd like to have his backups for QB battle it out some more, he noted that within the time-frame being just three weeks from game one, the offense needed to have a 1rst team player taking snaps to build rhythm.

And so, named Mitch Griffis, as starting quarterback.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: 39 Touchdown Passes / 50 Touchdowns Total ... Out!

Postby Mountainman » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Good to hear from you, Cane.

Losing a quarterback of that caliber can turn a season upside down……… fingers are crossed in The Mountaineer Nation that JT Daniels, who has two season ending injuries, does not experience yet another.

During interviews with all the defensive position coaches during the current practice sessions that involve contact, there’s one absolute they all mention, ‘Nobody touches JT Daniels’.

8) 8) 8)

Btw….. where’s Spence?? I’m betting he’s somewhere turning brown and taking shots of Tequila and sucking a lemon and licking salt off the top side of his thumb joint. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:54 pm

Mountainman wrote:Good to hear from you, Cane.

Losing a quarterback of that caliber can turn a season upside down……… fingers are crossed in The Mountaineer Nation that JT Daniels, who has two season ending injuries, does not experience yet another.

During interviews with all the defensive position coaches during the current practice sessions that involve contact, there’s one absolute they all mention, ‘Nobody touches JT Daniels’.

8) 8) 8)

O' Yeah, I'm hear and about ...

Been checking in to scan the site most days.

Just uncertain of my own perspectives on the sport, feeling more so in conflict as to what my thoughts are, actually, in contrast to what I know is plainly taking place. That is, what I want to have happen vs where I can see the direction of things headed and the inevitability of it all.

Other than that; I've been tending to 3 Cocker Spaniel puppies. One 6 month old, two 3 month old.

None of which were from the same litter. Though the two younger pups are from the same breeder.

Two of the Three were single birth pups, but they were from different breeders.

Did you follow all of that ..? :lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:07 pm

Mountainman wrote:Btw….. where’s Spence?? I’m betting he’s somewhere turning brown and taking shots of Tequila and sucking a lemon and licking salt off the top side of his thumb joint. :wink:

hmm ... I suspect Spence is somewhere out on the 9th Hole, attempting to instill a fledgling with the value of how to focus on the destination of the ball, rather than the concentration of the stroke. All the while keeping perfect Balance & Backswing. :wink:

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:56 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Btw….. where’s Spence?? I’m betting he’s somewhere turning brown and taking shots of Tequila and sucking a lemon and licking salt off the top side of his thumb joint. :wink:

hmm ... I suspect Spence is somewhere out on the 9th Hole, attempting to instill a fledgling with the value of how to focus on the destination of the ball, rather than the concentration of the stroke. All the while keeping perfect Balance & Backswing. :wink:

Yep, I have 4 rookie players this year. 2 that just learned what a golf club was in July. I'm getting to old for this. :|
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:28 pm

Spence wrote:

Yep, I have 4 rookie players this year. 2 that just learned what a golf club was in July. I'm getting to old for this. :|

I’ve heard that a combination of Tequila, lemon and salt helps……. :lol: :lol: :lol:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:44 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

I’ve heard that a combination of Tequila, lemon and salt helps……. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait ...

Does the lemon go into the mason jar before or after the worm ..?

I get confused how they do things in them taller hills.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:30 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

Wait ...

Oh no…….. no lemon ever goes into a Mason Jar!!!!!! Absolutely no worms either!!!!!!

However there are a variety of fruits and berries, such as apples, peaches, grapes, pears, blackberries that do indeed provide a fruity flavor. BUT, under no circumstance would a WORM share the same container. Instead, there are on occasion, those who will place a Crawdad in the jar.

The process is simple, drain the jar, eat the fruit, and then do a ‘bottoms-up’ with the jar letting the crawdad slide into the mouth. Then simply expectorate the crawdad into one hand and then using the other hand, rip the head, pinchers and torso from the tail section and toss those over your shoulder while at the same time tossing the tail section into your mouth and munch away. 8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:33 am

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

Wait ...

Oh no…….. no lemon ever goes into a Mason Jar!!!!!! Absolutely no worms either!!!!!!

However there are a variety of fruits and berries, such as apples, peaches, grapes, pears, blackberries that do indeed provide a fruity flavor. BUT, under no circumstance would a WORM share the same container. Instead, there are on occasion, those who will place a Crawdad in the jar.

The process is simple, drain the jar, eat the fruit, and then do a ‘bottoms-up’ with the jar letting the crawdad slide into the mouth. Then simply expectorate the crawdad into one hand and then using the other hand, rip the head, pinchers and torso from the tail section and toss those over your shoulder while at the same time tossing the tail section into your mouth and munch away. 8) .

No Lemons or Worms in the Jar ...

But, do they spice the Pumpkin, or rely on the cider to build a robust flavor?

Cane... [__]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:38 pm

Only worms in the bottle of Agave flatland dew. The mountain dew, especially the blackberry variety is something to behold. Unfortunately they don't make enough to make having to teach four rookies how to swing a golf club.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”