Through the mud, the blood, and the beer………

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Through the mud, the blood, and the beer………

Postby Mountainman » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:42 am

Derek wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Derek wrote:hate that i missed all the games today. But I could sit down and watch Vandy lose to Hawaii, but I don't have the stomach for it.

Glad the season has started back, but I'm not 100% confident in Ga's offense this year. Never been a big fan of Stetson Bennett, and I'm not sure why Kirby Smart is either. But we'll see. 8)

Hey Derek……. :D

Hey, I was up in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago in Wheeling. Landed at the airport there due to weather.

Well……. Welcome to Wild and Wonderful West by god Virginia!!!!!! So, you got to visit the first State Capital of West Virginia. Seems back when the ‘Mountaineers’ in the western part of Virginia could not see eye to eye with the ‘Planters’ over across the mountains, those Mountaineers decided to ask Ole Honest Abe if they could succeed…… and of course, ole Abe said ‘Yep’, since after the Civil War he was a little pissed at the Planters. :wink:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:50 pm

My daughter goes to school near Wheeling. Her, me and my other daughter were playing golf st the Jones course at Oglebay a few weeks ago.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:48 pm

Nice!

We landed at the Wheeling Airport north of town on Aug 5th and left the next day. A happy accident. That is an old airline terminal that has been restored and kept up. It was easy for my mind to picture people dressed up in 40s and 50s clothing and taking life a lot slower than we do.

Ending up spending the night at the Super 8 downtown. It's things like this that make flying enjoyable. You get mad when weather puts a hinderance on your plans, but when it's over you always have a fond memory.

Went with a friend to pick up his son that had run away from home.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wheeling+Airport+(HLG)/@40.1745721,-80.6720109,12374m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x8835dac77b90c5e9:0xbb87ed67ecd6e599!2sWheeling,+WV+26003!3b1!8m2!3d40.0639616!4d-80.7209149!3m4!1s0x8835d202af76025f:0x43a8593e739da5e9!8m2!3d40.1814632!4d-80.6473676
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:25 pm

We were probably there about the same time. I was at the Long Beach CA airport a few years ago and it is much the same. Tiny airport that was kept up. LAX gets most of the traffic. Palm Springs, CA has the same kind of airport.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:13 pm

Derek wrote:Nice!

We landed at the Wheeling Airport north of town on Aug 5th and left the next day. A happy accident. That is an old airline terminal that has been restored and kept up. It was easy for my mind to picture people dressed up in 40s and 50s clothing and taking life a lot slower than we do.

Ending up spending the night at the Super 8 downtown. It's things like this that make flying enjoyable. You get mad when weather puts a hinderance on your plans, but when it's over you always have a fond memory.

Went with a friend to pick up his son that had run away from home.

[url]https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wheeling+Airport+(HLG)/@40.1745721,-80.6720109,12374m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x8835dac77b90c5e9:0xbb87ed67ecd6e599!2sWheeling,+WV+26003!3b1!8m2!3d40.0639616!4d-80.7209149!3m4!1s0x8835d202af76025f:0x43a8593e739da5e9!8m2!3d40.1814632!4d- :| :| :| 80.6473676[/url]

Yep, that’s Wild and Wonderful……. like John Dever sang it, “Life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains growin’ like breeze” :wink:

Good to hear you guys rescued the kid…… 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:37 pm

Spence wrote:My daughter goes to school near Wheeling. Her, me and my other daughter were playing golf st the Jones course at Oglebay a few weeks ago.

Sounds to me more like a rehab trip by two loving daughters after ole Dad has been trying to teach a few freshmen the difference between a golf club and a hockey stick….. :lol: :lol:

Did they let you use the ladies tees and give you mulligans?????? :lol:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:45 pm

I’ve been out of pocket for a few days, but I’m in Pittsburgh tonight for tomorrow night’s game…… I drew the short straw and am the Designated Driver. :roll:

It’s gonna be a test tomorrow night, looks like Pitt may just try and line up and knock the Mounties off the ball……. and the Pitt QB had two choice words at the Pitt Presser and pep rally today ‘F—K West Virginia.

Well, we’ll just see about that…….. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:41 am

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:My daughter goes to school near Wheeling. Her, me and my other daughter were playing golf st the Jones course at Oglebay a few weeks ago.

Sounds to me more like a rehab trip by two loving daughters after ole Dad has been trying to teach a few freshmen the difference between a golf club and a hockey stick….. :lol: :lol:

Did they let you use the ladies tees and give you mulligans?????? :lol:

They did not. They didn't let me play the senior tees either. Their plan is to beat me before I die and they think they are running out of time. Didn't happen this time though. :wink: Since I am a coach, no one got mulligans. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”