Maybe the dirty word editor caught me……..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Maybe the dirty word editor caught me……..

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:05 pm

………after I tried to post my thoughts about the Mountaineers loss to Pitt. :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Maybe the dirty word editor caught me……..

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:28 am

Mountainman wrote:………after I tried to post my thoughts about the Mountaineers loss to Pitt. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Gets me sometimes too. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:19 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:………after I tried to post my thoughts about the Mountaineers loss to Pitt. :roll:

Neil Brown make a horrific decision in that game……..

Couple that with a bobbled ball that was picked off for a touchdown, resulting in the BOTTOM OF THE PITT scoring TWO FREAKIN’ TOUCHDOWNS IN 43 FREAKIN’ SECONDS!!!!!

……..and not mention a blown catch by the replay IDIOTS after a Mountaineer catch (his hand was underneath the ball above the ground!!!!!!!

I’M MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!! (Whew, now I feel better.)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:31 am

My team won, but it wasn't the game I expected. The defense played very well. Of course it was the first game. The offensive didn't play very well at all. I don't mind defensive games, but I am concerned that Ryan Day didn't expect the coverages Notre Dame played. Same basic defense that Michigan used last year. I am guessing Ohio State will see a lot of that zone until they start to take the underneath stuff and bust that zone.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:07 am

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

Couple that with a bobbled ball that was picked off for a touchdown, resulting in the BOTTOM OF THE PITT scoring TWO FREAKIN’ TOUCHDOWNS IN 43 FREAKIN’ SECONDS!!!!!

……..and not mention a blown catch by the replay IDIOTS after a Mountaineer catch (his hand was underneath the ball above the ground!!!!!!!

I’M MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!! (Whew, now I feel better.)

OK, OK……. I just saw a still photo taken at the game that shows it wasn’t a catch…….. BUT, along with that photo is another that shows that a catch make by a Pitt receiver during their game tying drive wasn’t a catch either although it was ruled a catch by the replay guys.

So…….. either both were catches or neither were!!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:46 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

OK, OK……. I just saw a still photo taken at the game that shows it wasn’t a catch…….. BUT, along with that photo is another that shows that a catch make by a Pitt receiver during their game tying drive wasn’t a catch either although it was ruled a catch by the replay guys.

So…….. either both were catches or neither were!!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

The Variable Qualifier = Acrisure Stadium (formerly Ketchup Field)

Pitt likes to have it both ways ... the Cake was digested.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:43 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:49 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

What really set me off was Neil Brown calling for a punt on a 4th and 18 inches from the Pitt 48 yard line with 6 minutes left in the game……. the man is too darn conservative with his charts, graphs and scripts, he’s got to become more instinctive and put the game in the hands of the players. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Return to “General Discussion”