Where Oh Where is Cain…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Where Oh Where is Cain…….

Postby Mountainman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:27 pm

…….:could it be he’s way down yonder in the Paw-Paw Patch????? Oh where Oh where could he be????

:?: :?: :?:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Where Oh Where is Cain…….

Postby Mountainman » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:41 pm

………you know I just remembered something. After a tough week in the Weekly Picks, Cain mentioned something about maybe reaching out to Elvira for some counseling and advice.

Holy Moses!!!!! If he did I sure an hopeful she didn’t coax him into one of her séance sessions in that spooky chamber of hers……. and for his sake he didn’t let her read his palm and make a magic sign, and then take a shot of ‘Love Potion No.9’. :shock: :shock: :shock:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:24 pm

Mountainman wrote:………you know I just remembered something. After a tough week in the Weekly Picks, Cain mentioned something about maybe reaching out to Elvira for some counseling and advice.

Holy Moses!!!!! If he did I sure an hopeful she didn’t coax him into one of her séance sessions in that spooky chamber of hers……. and for his sake he didn’t let her read his palm and make a magic sign, and then take a shot of ‘Love Potion No.9’. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh lord! I hope she didn't push that button under the table. :? :? :shock:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:………you know I just remembered something. After a tough week in the Weekly Picks, Cain mentioned something about maybe reaching out to Elvira for some counseling and advice.

Holy Moses!!!!! If he did I sure an hopeful she didn’t coax him into one of her séance sessions in that spooky chamber of hers……. and for his sake he didn’t let her read his palm and make a magic sign, and then take a shot of ‘Love Potion No.9’. :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Oh lord! I hope she didn't push that button under the table. :? :? :shock:

Naw, I got real suspicious when the curtains started moving on their own.

October has become a rather busy month for me.

My focus has gotten fractured this month.

A few times I started to type up a new thread, but didn't finish it. And closed it out.

Things should be settling soon. I'll be more active in the coming weeks.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:41 am

Been busy here too, I think I've missed at least 3 weeks this year. :(
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 pm

You know, life has been busy for me as well. And less football focussed...Benn traveling....and I leave soon for a couple of weeks in Italy...checking off bucket list items.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:11 am

billybud wrote:You know, life has been busy for me as well. And less football focussed...Benn traveling....and I leave soon for a couple of weeks in Italy...checking off bucket list items.

My father and Step Mother used to Travel quite a bit out of the country. Started going to all of those places they talked about.

I'm glad for them, especially these days, since my Dad came out telling my brother and I that he has Parkinson's.

They have slowed down the number of trips they take. Even to the point where my father has mentioned how they don't even leave the house much these days.

They said they were taking another international trip in the coming months, when I saw them for my Birthday a few weeks back.

Billybud; I hope you have a great time.

And I hope you get to as many places you wish to see, before it's time to bookcase the almanac.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:30 am

billybud wrote:You know, life has been busy for me as well. And less football focussed...Benn traveling....and I leave soon for a couple of weeks in Italy...checking off bucket list items.

Have a great time. I have a buddy who just got back from there. Him and his wife loved it.

I haven't been traveling much the last couple years. A couple work trips amd a bucket list trip to Cabo. Other than that I have been home. My kids are getting to the "start their own life" phase and I tend to want to hang wiyh them lately.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:52 am

Spence....enjoy your kids, for sure. They grow up so fast...well, maybe except for ours.

Our son lives on a sailboat at a marina in St. Petersburg....it took a vist from a hovering mom/dad to convince him to take a few days away and travel inland with us as Ian was approaching. We enjoyed his company but had to hustle back shoreside as Ian came inland...loosened lines on his boat since the water was being sucked out of the bay....the boat next to him had iron bar tight lines and as the water fell, the cleats were yanked out of the deck.

It was nice spending time with him...we haven't done enough of that.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:28 am

billybud wrote:Spence....enjoy your kids, for sure. They grow up so fast...well, maybe except for ours.

Our son lives on a sailboat at a marina in St. Petersburg....it took a vist from a hovering mom/dad to convince him to take a few days away and travel inland with us as Ian was approaching. We enjoyed his company but had to hustle back shoreside as Ian came inland...loosened lines on his boat since the water was being sucked out of the bay....the boat next to him had iron bar tight lines and as the water fell, the cleats were yanked out of the deck.

It was nice spending time with him...we haven't done enough of that.

Hurricanes are why my Dad moved us from Anna Maria to Ohio when I was 5. We moved there when I was 2 from Columbus. Left because of a hurricane (that didn't actually hit) when I was 5. Glad your son is ok. Living on a sail boat would be cool, except during storms. In my 20's or eaarly 30' s that would have been a very cool life.

My kids are just begining to move out. My oldest graduated last winter from Grad school and is a practicing occupational Therapist now. My middle kid is graduating a year early and hopes to start her Doctoral program this summer. My youngest is a jr in high school. She is on my golf team, which lets her spend more time with me than she probably wants to spend, but is awesome for me.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:07 am

Our boy works in the defense industry. Works on prototypes for drones, communication packs for Seals and special ops....flys in D.O.D. planes while running softwear tests, etc.

He is a storm boy....we had to make his formula out of water conserved in our bathtub after the wind came through and we had no power.

He was raised on our sailboats and has been through some bad gales offshore with us...he is a good sailer and loves his boat. He was crossing the gulf to Key West and had a rigging failure...had to go up the mast to repair it. He was not with me when Hurricane Opal put 90 mph winds across the deck...it was only myself that I risked...and my experience helped convince him to pack up..."Dad, and you think that I didn't learn anything from you ?"

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:10 am

addendum....he once watched me crank his mom , hooked to a halyard, up a 50 foot mast to make a repair...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:41 pm

billybud wrote:Our boy works in the defense industry. Works on prototypes for drones, communication packs for Seals and special ops....flys in D.O.D. planes while running softwear tests, etc.

He is a storm boy....we had to make his formula out of water conserved in our bathtub after the wind came through and we had no power.

He was raised on our sailboats and has been through some bad gales offshore with us...he is a good sailer and loves his boat. He was crossing the gulf to Key West and had a rigging failure...had to go up the mast to repair it. He was not with me when Hurricane Opal put 90 mph winds across the deck...it was only myself that I risked...and my experience helped convince him to pack up..."Dad, and you think that I didn't learn anything from you ?"

Good that he still values his Dads advice. As far as boats go, I used to be a pretty good motocross rider. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”