Just How Bad Are Things in Morgantown….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Just How Bad Are Things in Morgantown….

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:12 am

………one might ask. :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://www.mayflower.com/moving-servic ... %20(052822)&utm_term=one%20way%20moving%20services&utm_content=One%20Way%20Moving%20Services%20-%20BR%20%2B%20BMM%20%2B%20PH
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Just How Bad Are Things in Morgantown….

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:35 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Miami fans are starting to turn against the process, too ...

So many people tell us, it's only 5 games ... it's only 6 games ... it's only been 7 games ... it's only been half a season.

Yeah, and things are getting worse.

Right now, viably, I can see only 1 more potential win on the schedule ... and if we lose to Virginia, then we may not have another win the rest of the year.

Imagine getting out to a fast start against one of the worst teams in the Power5 [Virginia Tech], and the watching as that lead collapses in the 4th quarter, barely sneaking out with a win ... ... ... ... ... make that the first win in a month.

Then, following that up with the exact opposite performance against another below average team, making a home stand, to a 24 point loss.

8 turnovers, and zero pass protection.

Tyler Van Dyke is quite possibly out for the rest of the season, and Jake Garcia was getting hammered in the backfield, which is horrendously bad, considering when he came in to replace Van Dyke, he lit a spark of offense, scoring 3 times, taking the lead and gaining all the momentum.

Then an utter disgrace.

The floor fell out from under the team, and the Blue Devils put up Clemson like numbers on us.

In the post game Presser, when asked about players giving their effort, Cristobal said:

"We'll see on tape. Someone's not playing hard, they need to go play somewhere else. What we gotta do requires tough people. Turn the program, and rebuild it, requires tough minded people that are willing to do the work. And that shows up on tape, gotta find somewhere else. Some guys played really well. Some guys that played hard. We'll go from there." --- "You either fix it, or you go and get people who care, and play as hard as a Miami Hurricane."

Mario looks to be fed up.

There was a clause that the NCAA had passed, because of the Covid season, which allows every team to extend scholarships beyond the normal yearly allotment, up to your maximum number of scholarship players allowed, overall 85 total, which goes through the 2022-2023 academic year.

That means, Cristobal can drain the sludge that is sinking the program down, and fill those roster positions with kids who really want to play and work for it. And he can do so, without losing any depth. Whether that's releasing a bunch of locker room sand bags, and recruiting young fresh talent, or turning to the transfer portal to acquire guys with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove, I don't know.

But from the language Mario was using, it sounds as though he's ready to cut ties with the dead weight.

I just hope, if it winds up being the case, that he recognizes the staff room, as well. Because I'm still not sold on either Gattis or Steele.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:20 pm

The transfer portal can be a good or bad thing when you are struggling. I think that it is the way out of this mess for both programs. I think West Virginia will have to find the right guy to lead though. Miami I think has the right guy, he just has to have time to build a culture. I have been lucky, as a Buckeye fan I have never really had to deal with the bottom falling out. Cooper would lose to Michigan and the bowl game every year and we thought that was the end of the world. I am not sure things will settle down until the conference alliance crap fixes and settles down. College football needs a leadership structure really bad right now. Someone to stop the conference madness. Unless you are from 6 or 7 national brand teams right now, it is almost impossible for the rest to sell their programs to recruits and if you can't recruit you can't build a team.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:20 pm

Spence wrote:The transfer portal can be a good or bad thing when you are struggling. I think that it is the way out of this mess for both programs. I think West Virginia will have to find the right guy to lead though. Miami I think has the right guy, he just has to have time to build a culture. I have been lucky, as a Buckeye fan I have never really had to deal with the bottom falling out. Cooper would lose to Michigan and the bowl game every year and we thought that was the end of the world. I am not sure things will settle down until the conference alliance crap fixes and settles down. College football needs a leadership structure really bad right now. Someone to stop the conference madness. Unless you are from 6 or 7 national brand teams right now, it is almost impossible for the rest to sell their programs to recruits and if you can't recruit you can't build a team.

And in JImbo's case ...

Even when you do recruit, you can't build a team.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:59 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Spence wrote:The transfer portal can be a good or bad thing when you are struggling. I think that it is the way out of this mess for both programs. I think West Virginia will have to find the right guy to lead though. Miami I think has the right guy, he just has to have time to build a culture. I have been lucky, as a Buckeye fan I have never really had to deal with the bottom falling out. Cooper would lose to Michigan and the bowl game every year and we thought that was the end of the world. I am not sure things will settle down until the conference alliance crap fixes and settles down. College football needs a leadership structure really bad right now. Someone to stop the conference madness. Unless you are from 6 or 7 national brand teams right now, it is almost impossible for the rest to sell their programs to recruits and if you can't recruit you can't build a team.

And in JImbo's case ...

:lol: :lol: Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:40 am

Spence wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:

And in JImbo's case ...

:lol: :lol: Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

It's kinda amusing to me that Jimbo (A&M) has spent so much money on players, and they can't even beat App State.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”