So What’s Up With This Tunnel Thingy…….

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: So What’s Up With This Tunnel Thingy…….

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:44 am

billybud wrote:What exactly was curious...suspect?

Harbaugh shooting his mouth off about prosecution……. of other team’s players. :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:15 pm

Doesn't really matter the situation. No matter what anyone said or if they were being baited or not, there is no excuse to beat the hell out of someone no matter what. I will say, though, this is the 3rd time this has happened (a fight) this year up there and that stadium has been around for a while so while there is no excuse for any violence inside the tunnel, something Michigan is doing different this year is the making the conditions ripe for something to happen. Every team they play at home aren't thugs. Penn State had an issue 2 weeks ago. Something is going on and it all can't be on the opposing teams.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:58 pm

Mountainman wrote:

Harbaugh shooting his mouth off about prosecution……. of other team’s players. :roll:

OH...LOL...If I were Coach, I'd be screaming it..."Arrest those thugs ! ".
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:53 pm

billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

OH...LOL...If I were Coach, I'd be screaming it..."Arrest those thugs ! ".

I’d be screaming something different…… “Arrest those who instigated or assaulted, irregardless of what color uniform they’re wearing, whether it be Maze and Blue, Blue and White or Green and White. And Coach, I want you in my office in 15 minutes, we’re going to have a chat about your future.”. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:18 pm

Oh...just tell me what you see in those vids...I have looked at the ones that I saw on news links...

I am used to violence on the field ...as a football player, and into my 40's as a rugby player. It still shows on my face.

That ivideo captured assault and has no place in the sportb we love.
Last edited by billybud on Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:21 pm

I agree about talking to the MSU coach about his future. He lost control of his thugs.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:37 pm

This vid shows fairly "normal" post game jawing...and that seems all...

https://twitter.com/TomVH/status/1586554799553757186

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:50 pm

billybud wrote:Oh...just tell me what you see in those vids...I have looked at the ones that I saw on news links...

I am used to violence on the field ...as a football player, and into my 40's as a rugby player. It still shows on my face.

Try again……. 8)

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:32 pm

While perusing the rags I’m seeing that Coach Harbaugh is spending considerable time trying to set the narrative about the ‘fight’ while calling for ‘criminal prosecution’…… seems both curious and odd he’s yet to mention the ‘fights’ with Ohio State and Penn State, or that why he blew off James Franklin’s comments made after the Penn State incident, but now after the Michigan State incident he’s calling for prosecutions, while one of the Michigan players has already lawyered up.

In any event, there are investigations underway by police and the BigTen Conference, we’ll see how this thing works out….. more to come. 8) 8) 8)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:56 am

Mountainman wrote:
billybud wrote:Oh...just tell me what you see in those vids...I have looked at the ones that I saw on news links...

Try again……. 8)

Don't think so...your open ended comments without substance backing them up are one of the reasons that I do not inhabit this board like I once did...I don't do emoji's and have a low tolerance for kiddie board stuff...I post on sevearl boards daily, but this one will be rarer for me...

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:22 pm

billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Try again……. 8)

Don't think so...your open ended comments without substance backing them up are one of the reasons that I do not inhabit this board like I once did...I don't do emoji's and have a low tolerance for kiddie board stuff...I post on sevearl boards daily, but this one will be rarer for me...

Arrivederci…….. 8) 8) 8)

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:04 pm

Just saw this over on CBS Sports………. still waiting on the BigTen findings. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -michigan/

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:24 pm

Here’s the BIgTen’s findings……. 8)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/28/b ... l-incident

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:34 am

Mountainman wrote:Here’s the BIgTen’s findings……. 8)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/11/28/b ... l-incident

Nice!

The conference has fined Michigan State $100,000 and suspended Crump for the first eight games of the 2023 season, in addition to the four-game suspension that he’s served since the incident.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”